My goodness, here we are on the last leg of February. I wonder if March will come in like a lion or a lamb? (it looks like maybe lamb here).
We have had such cold - some nights getting in single digits. We had a lovely spring like day yesterday - lots of sunshine. Today will be warmer as well.
It looks like the upcoming week will contain a bit of everything - warm, rain, colder, snow, sun and clouds. But it won't be long till Spring is here.
There are lots of birds at the feeders - some I haven't seen at all over the winter, so that is a good sign. The squirrels are all "frisky" if you know what I mean!!! LOL. Think there will be many babies sometime in the near future. Daylight hours are getting longer and we are getting more sunshine.
It has been quiet this week.
- I cleaned out the garage a bit on a slightly warmer day - and got a lot of trash to the container
- Went to the library - first time in ages. I did get 3 books
- Been cooking with things I have on hand and from scratch
- I ran to Kroger one day. I got 2 - 1/2 gallons of OJ ($1 ea.) and 2 - 1/2 gallons of chocolate milk ($1 ea.). Both just sounded good. I have been craving juice and oranges - must need Vit. C! I also bought a bag with 6 Roma tomatoes (1.99). UGH - faux tomatoes - not sure they were worth it. Oh well, I will use them.
- I ran into an old friend from grade school at the store. Stood and talked for quite a while. My goodness, where have the years gone? How did we get this old? LOL
- Still working on over all clean. I did fall cleaning before the holidays - but you have to start over when you get done! Never done. Trying to dust shelves and knick-knacks on shelves (I hate doing that). Washing all shelves down as well. House doesn't get messy with just me - but it sure gets dusty!
- Took care of the neighbors dog for 2 days. Fed and watered and let him out several times a day. After 3 visits - he got used to me and was super playful. Cute little fellow.
- Had some of Glen's family come by for a visit. That was nice
- I made a homemade baked dip and also used all leftovers in new ways
- Been cleaning out more paperwork
- Drinking lots of water and fruit juices
Meals this past week:
Ground beef patty w/fried onion & pepper - French fries
Dirty rice w/ shredded chicken and beans
Leftover rice and chicken with slaw
Baked jalapeno popper cheese dip and crackers
Baked fish (topped with leftover cheese dip) and slaw
Spaghetti and home canned sauce - garlic toast
Leftover pasta, sauce - turned into goulash with grd. beef and cheese - and salad
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip
1 - 8 oz. pack of cream cheese (softened). Add about 1/4 C sour cream or mayo. About 1/4 C Parmesan cheese. Chopped jalapeno's (how ever much you want). Some garlic powder. Top with more Parmesan cheese and some cheddar (or whatever you have). Can add crunchy dried onions if desired. Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes. (I used an 8" pan). This was just soooooo good and filling.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Save any money?
I am getting anxious for warm weather. I bet most who live here in the U.S. are. I am just tired of being cooped up in the house. I may air the house a bit today!
Check this out. My Coogy makes it his mission every morning to get Mommy up - early. I always thought it was because he wanted breakfast. I think there is an alternative motive.
After breakfast he goes in and stretches out across the bed. I think he just wants the bed to himself! That is a queen size bed - he is one long boy!!! Such contentment!!! Love my big boy.
On that sweet moment I will end. I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, healthy and frugal week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.