We had a lovely Sunday and Monday to start the week, then the temps dropped and we got winter back again. Had some ice and dusting of snow - but nothing too bad.
I know there has been lots of snow in many places, tornadoes and tons of rain in others, and I see today that Australia is now having cyclones. It seems to be feast or famine there.
I pray everyone is safe and not affected by the weather.
It was a very quiet week for me. Just not a lot going on. I did get to talk with a long distance friend this week, talked with my sister-in-law and went to the store one day (didn't really need a thing) just to interact with people! Oh how I need warmer weather and sunshine!
- I did go out Monday when it was warm to do a bit of yard work. My goodness I must have picked up a zillion sticks!! I only had a bag of trash for p/u last week - but my large trash bin was full of sticks
- I walked the front walk and the alley and picked up trash - from all the high winds we had.
- I got to air the house out on 2 days and had the heat off
- I opened up the greenhouse and aired it out - and took up a few rugs and hung out to dry. The floor gets damp from me and the kitties going in and out in snow/rain. The cats were loving the warmer days and stayed outside a lot!
- When I ran to the store - I did get a bag of oranges, some bananas and ice cream
- Doing some research and some reading
- Cleaned out a couple more drawers
- General straightening (nothing gets messy), cooking from scratch with ingredients I have, drinking water and lemon water (carbonated), laundry in cold, minimal lights and heat, etc..
- I did use my crockpot this week and made a pot of potatoes, carrots, beans and smoked sausage
My menu this past week:
Loaded baked potatoes and salad (used leftover taco meat)
Fish and fries
"Mex" Bruschetta - banana shake
Leftover crockpot meal
Zesty, beefy mac n cheese and slaw
My "Mex" bruschetta. Small rounds of toasted bread topped with several cheeses and salsa then roasted.
I had oranges, bananas, tomato juice, olives, carrots/dip and Triscuts and cheese for snacks
Now that I am here alone - I just eat whatever I feel like. I don't always have a well rounded meal. Just a reminder that it is OK to do what you want. Usually I have one or two items - not always a veggie - but that is OK. I am full, maintaining my weight and staying healthy. It was different when I cooked for someone else and not just myself.
Eat whatever makes you happy.
How was your week? Did you get any real savings or deals? Are you still working on the 20 challenge? I put a few things in the donate box this week.
Tale care my friends. I hope your week ahead is healthy and safe and frugal.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.