Happy first Sunday of December to all. Just think in 4 weeks it will be 2023! Eeeekkkk!
I hope this finds you all well and safe and happy. The days go by so fast - it is hard just to keep up with all the holiday goodies.
This week, we had some warmer days, some rain, some cold, and lots of wind. It appears we will be seasonal this coming week with days in the 40's (F). It will also be rainy and cloudy - I say it beats snow!! December seems to be one of our cloudiest months of the year - so when sunshine is seen - it is a wonderful gift.
I 'SHOULD' get my Blazer back tomorrow!! Here's hoping. The fuel line is specific to the dealer (the connectors) and had to be special ordered. A little more than I figured in price - but hey, that is OK. I will have me vehicle back and that is great. It is amazing, I can stay hope for a couple and not have a problem - but when I "can't" go - I want to!!!! LOL. Human nature!
I have had neighbors and family call and ask several times if I needed anything or needed to go somewhere - and I did not. All is good.
- Went to eye specialist and regular eye doctor this week. Glad the exams are all done - should get my new bifocals this week
- I used my LAST garden tomato on Monday - yes I did!
- Ordered the jerky and summer sausage for gifts this Monday. That is a part of gifts that is highly anticipated!!!!
- Managed the bank for funds and feed store before being without a vehicle
- Blazer towed to car shop - $0 charge - thanks to AAA
- Froze leftover turkey and stock
- Did a tiny bit of decorating (seen above)
- Cut my hair
- Been working on soup jar recipes and spice mixes for gift bags
- Got my gifts all sorted and bags started with what I have on hand
- Making my list and checking it twice!!!!!
- NO grocery shopping at all
- Made tea
- Eating from pantry and freezer and cooking all meals here
My menu this past week:
Turkey and veggie roll-up
Homemade pizza - 2X
Tamales over rice
Cheesy/veg rice and chicken and fish bites
Smoked sausage/Kraut and smashed fried potatoes
Pork fritter sandwich, tator tots and carrot sticks
SNACKS - PB/honey on crackers, cheese/crackers, cereal
How has your week been? Are you working on gifts or crafts? Baking or making any fun and yummy goodies? Any big grocery deals?
I hope you are all well and have kept busy this week. The daylight hours are sure short anymore - it will only be a couple weeks or so, and the daylight hours will start getting longer again!!!! We just need to get past that shortest day of the year!!!!!!
How is your weather doing? So far so good here! Not going to complain.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you all stay safe and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:8
Dear Lord, we know that You are with us daily, and not just for a season. When we lose faith in ourselves and our fellow man, it is You that gives us faith that all will be OK. Through You all is possible. Only You can restore our hope, our energy, and our determination to start again and succeed. Thank You for Your everlasting strength and love.
A Christmas Bit
"I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men,
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, and right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow