Happy mid-week to all. Today I will mention some of the many things that we can do with a single product. DAWN dish soap. I think this is kind of an American thing and may not be a thing overseas. This is a very popular dish soap here, as it is gentle and does many things.
Of course it does a great job on cleaning our dishes and pots and pans. I even add a bit of water and a bit of vinegar to my solution. I don't need it full strength to work great, and the vinegar just gives a bit of added shine to glassware.
- It is great as an emergency hair cleanup. The kids in something terribly messy, or hubs hair gets greasy working on vehicles. Whatever the need it helps remove GUNK!
- Add just a little (couple tsp.) to homemade weed killer. It helps the week killer adhere to the plants
- Works wonders on cleaning outdoor furniture
- Use once about every 4 weeks as a hair product remover. It helps get rid of any buildup
- Mix a couple teaspoons of Dawn to a spray bottle of water - shake - and spray just about any type of insect - and BOOM they are dead. I works great on ants and box elder bugs around here
- Give your pets a flea bath - works great
- Add a drop to a quart of water and use as a window cleaner
- Helps find leaks in things. The air mattress, kids pool, tires, etc. Smear it on and watch for bubbles.
- Fixes a squeaky hinge
- Works great to clean kids pools
- If you get in poison ivy - come in and wash with cool water and Dawn. The Dawn helps to cut the oily residue left by the plant on your body, which is what causes the rash
- Great for cleaning grill racks. Place racks in a black trash bag with 1/2 C Dawn and a gallon water. Let it sit at least 10 hours or overnight - and easy-peasy cleaning
- In a dire pinch, add just a tiny squirt to your laundry if you run out of detergent
- I use a sink full of soapy water with a little baking soda added to clean store produce. Washes off all the wax they use to shine up things! Rinse well
- I have even used to wash my hair. Hey when you are in a pinch - there is a way!
You have any good uses for Dawn? Love learning new ideas and tricks - to use one product many, many ways. It sure does save a bundle of cleaning supplies, and it is gentle on the environment and body.
Look forward to your ideas.
Have a great day!