Hello to the first weekend in June! Hope this finds each of you well and happy. Amazingly we are into June - almost halfway done with the year!
Hope you are all about done getting your gardens in. Mine is really growing - amazingly so when only in less than 2 weeks. They cukes I planted last week as 3 times the size they were when I planted them.
It is a beautiful sunny and breezy morning here. Quite nice and cool, considering the heat we have been having. Looks like maybe it might cool a bit this coming week. Still dry!
- Cut my hair - at first I cringed and thought it was too short (because it had gotten so long). But now I love it.
- Finally used the George Foreman I bought myself around Christmas - used it 3X this week instead of the oven or frying on the stove
- Made another gallon of tea
- Pulled tons of weeds early each day. Dry or not they seem to thrive!!!!
- AC only in very late afternoon - only to cool for the evening and sleeping
- Cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeders
- Paid all the bills I had - including vehicle registration
- Used up some of the sliced and frozen zucchini from the freezer - since new will be coming soon!
- Cut lemon balm and mint to dry
- I ran out on Friday to get myself a couple cucumbers, got a .99 bag of tomatoes as well. That was about it
- Whiles out I actually stopped at 3 yard sales!!!! First in almost 2 years. Spent a total of $2. I got 2 inspirational books and one of those 3-tiered hanging racks for fresh fruit or veggies.
- Just doing all the basic stuff
Meals this past week:
Grilled small steak and a salad
Loaded brats on bun and fruit
Grilled breaded pork burger and salad - Grilled made it like a fritter!!!!!! So good.
Beans and rice, toasted bagel and salad
Fried zucchini and salad
Veggie topped cheeseburger
Sauteed Brussel sprouts and ham slice
How has your week been? Did you get any deals? Get things planted? Stay cool?
Love hearing from you all.
Thanks for all the nice words this week about the blog. So happy I decided to do this years ago, it is just hard for me to believe that it is still thriving. What a great group we have.
I hope your week ahead is healthy, safe, and happy.
Blessing from me and my humble little home to you and yours!
fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Dear Lord, I thank You for the reassurance, as I have needed it so, this week. Help me and others as we struggle with trying to understand the why at times. I cannot comprehend why bad happens and why people are so evil, but I know it must all be part of the plan. Help us and guide us to understand and trust in the 'in Your time'. Calm our hearts and minds.