Happy Sunday to all and happy first day of October!
We have had really nice weather for most of the week - we did get rain one day - and then we have had fog and more fog in the mornings! This week starts as summer feeling weather - then we slide into some fall type weather for the second half. I guess it is time.
The moon has sure been big and bright - goodness even with the fog, it has been so pretty.
My hummingbirds have gone south, I sure hate when they leave. The New England Asters are now starting to bloom, that is my fall flower.
Sink bugs galore are flying around and clinging to things! YUK! It seems the excessive spider webs have slowed too. Gosh, for a while you walked into a spider web everywhere you walked!
It was a good time - lots of fellowship. Saw many old chums from as far back as grade school - those were fun talks. Talked to people I haven't seen in a few decades and talked to some that I had never before met. We had the biggest turn-out of any reunion EVER from our high school. Pretty darn amazing. I even sat at the same table as my childhood sweetheart (grade school)! It sure was fun getting to catch up with people. There was a lot of variety in education, employment, families, lifestyles, etc. I do believe a good time was had by one and all!
- I had a virtual meeting with my insurance rep about home and car policies. Learned some new things about the policies, which I had not known. I did make one small change - but basically all is good.
- I cut my hair and did a root touch up
- Washed all the windows on the outside
- Had a luncheon with gals from grade school, to welcome home an old friend from CO. That was nice
- I got 3 huge bags of things in the trash (mainly paper) for last weeks pick-up
- Working on more trash to go out this week - oh, so much paper!!!!!!!
- Still harvesting lots of tomatoes - pepper plants are doing well, and there are several small peppers hanging out there
- I did run to the store (Kroger) first of week and picked up a few specials from last weeks ad - but mainly got clearance. I got 3 caramel apples for 1.05, 18 count eggs for .65 (spec. coupon), choc. chip granola bars for .65 box, cider was 1.99/half gal. (dang it is tasty), fresh Brussel sprouts marked 1.19/lb. I also got flour for 2.49/5 lb.
- While out I topped off gas, so as to use up points - saved .50 gal.
- I also stopped at WM (cringe) and bought myself some new undies and a new bra. Boy oh boy, nothing cheap anymore!
- I received a gift in the mail from LaurieS from OR - it was iris roots and a few gladiola bulbs, all from her garden! How cool - will get them planted today! THANK YOU!!!!
- I won a door prize at the reunion - a $30 Visa gift card!
Meals this week:
Pinto beans over rice topped w/cheese
Hot dogs and a salad
Fish and fries and a side salad
Out to lunch - had a cup of cheesy potato soup and 1/2 of chicken club sandwich
Cube steak, mac n cheese and sauteed Brussel sprouts
Grilled cheese and tomato soup
I am sitting here feeling a cool breeze come through the window, the sun is shining, and I can hear "Jay" the blue jay just carrying on outside! Things are waking up on this glorious day.
How has you week been? It know there have been ups and downs for several of you. I hope you got to enjoy some times too.
Any deals or bargains? Harvests or is your garden done?
I get back to some much needed yard work this week - avoided it last week - didn't want to take a chance of getting poison ivy with the reunion coming!!!
I look forward to hearing from you all.
May you have a wonderful week and have good health and stay safe.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
Dear Lord, watch over and keep us in Your embrace. Help guide us each through hardships and heartbreaks. We know You can heal us through Your love. Let us have understanding in the daily dilemmas we face, that we may better get through them and help guide others. Amen