Thursday, September 19, 2024

My Mind is Drifting to Fall

 Good morning.  Today is another lovely morning.  Even though today and tomorrow are supposed to get to 90*F and get more humid, I am thinking all things fall.  I think many of us are.  It is a beautiful time of the year - and the tastes and scents of fall are yummy.

It is apple time.  Cider and apples are just fun - and this time of the year is when they can both be had at the peak of flavor.
I like a variety of apples, but I do believe my favorites to just eat, are Fuji, Gala, and Braeburn.  I like a tart/sweet combo and a crunchy apple.
So many to pick from!

I love scents of fall.  Here is an option for a natural scent to use in your melt burners.  I can think of a lot of other options of herbs and spices to add as well.  
You can also just place a pan of water on the stove on low - with apple or citrus peels, maybe a dash of cinnamon or clove and simmer.  The house will smell soooooo good.

I do believe I will be making some of these this weekend.  I will use regular milk - since I don't have almond milk.  May change out 1/2 tsp. of the vanilla for almond extract.  I love getting a fix for a sweet tooth, and not having the extra calories of sugar!  Pretty darn natural.
*Don't like raisins? - you could maybe add dried cranberries or other fruit or chopped nuts or even chocolate chips!

And to end things up - here is just a good meme to remind us to be our best ALWAYS.  Listen, help, donate, smile, hug, just be a good person!  Words to live by.


I wish you all a great remainder to your week.  Have a lovely weekend.
Be positive, do good and have a good time.
Have a super wonderful day!


12 comments:

  1. I love Fuji and Gayla for eating and Honey Crisp for baking. I have a recipe for caramel apple bundt cake that I want to try this weekend. Last weekend I made a sweet potato pie and it made the kitchen smell like fall. That quick dessert recipe looks really good. I'll have to give that a try. It sounds like it would be a nice snack. Wishing you a wonderful day Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love apples so much. I am an apple eater and a citrus eater. Sometimes I just crave both of them.
      I bet the pie was tasty and your house had to have smelled wonderful.
      That is kind of what I thought - quick and easy and a low calorie snack.
      Carmel apple bundt cake sounds dreamy.

      Delete
  2. We ate a lot of apples when I was a child, usually Red Delicious or McIntosh. As a young adult I preferred Granny Smith. These days I don't eat apples very often but an apple crisp sounds pretty darned good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through many years of eating a ton of Granny Smith. Now they are just a bit too tart for me unless baking.
      A crisp does sound tasty!

      Delete
  3. The apples all look so beautiful and yummy! We have been buying Honey Crisp in small quantities. I made an apple salad yesterday. Years ago I made an apple pudding cake that was wonderful. Those days are gone.

    We are not looking forward to the weekend temperatures and humidity but it will be short-lived. There are lots of leaves on the front yard from the sweet gum trees. Supposed to cool down the first of October and that will be when I will swap out the closets.

    Enjoy your weekend in the a/c with the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like apple anything. So many yummies.
      Yes, it is going to get hot - but cold weather will be here in a flash. I will do the heat as long as possible.
      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Apple pudding cake sounds wonderful! I'll have to look online to see if there is a recipe for that which I can cut way down to feed one or two people..

      My favorite apples now are Gala, they seem to work for apple salad and apple sauce. For apple sauce I like to add pineapple juice in the cooking.

      MaryB

      Delete
    3. Mmmmm
      Pineapple juice in applesauce - sounds yummy!

      Delete
  4. I like that natural scent recipe. I need to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love apple season -- especially having grown up in SW Michigan's fruit belt, where apple orchards were abundant. I still love a good Red Delicious, and I absolutely love Honeycrisp for eating. One of my favorite farm stands makes up a mixed bag for applesauce, and I don't even know what all they include -- 5-6 different varieties? I couldn't come up with that mix on my own, so I'll just grab a bag of their applesauce apples. No sugar needed, just cook down the apples with a little water and lemon juice to keep the color. Those cookies look delicious! I think I'll be making some of those, too, in addition to another batch of zucchini bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a smart idea to sell a mix bag! I bet it makes great applesauce.
      Yes, they do look delish - happening here this weekend. Enjoy the zucchini bread!

      Delete