We have had warm weather (50's), rain, snow, and cold weather all in the past week. Season lows come in tonight with a prediction of out first minus temperature and highs in the teens tomorrow. Brrrrr!
Outdoor kitties are snug in the greenhouse with lots of blankies, and heated mat under the blankies, and a heater and heated water bowl.
It is safe to say my kitties are probably better taken care of than some homeless. That's a sad state of affairs. We have a lot of shelters and new places opening (due to extreme cold), but many just don't want to go. I pray for them daily.
I only left home twice this past week. I spent one day just visiting, doing errands and chores for the in-laws.
The second day I just wanted to get out! I ran to Kroger to check out the clearance section. Hadn't done that in a bit.
- I did find 3 - 1/2 Cumberland Gap smoked boneless rounds of ham on sale for 1.19/lb. It was regularly 3.49/lb. One I probably will cut into ham steaks and the other two will get shaved for sandwiches (once I dig out my electric meat slicer). I will vacuum seal and freeze. I couldn't begin to buy deli ham for that price. As a matter of fact I couldn't buy a pound of deli ham for the price of ONE half. I spent 13.84 (for all 3) and saved 26.75!!!!! YAY
- I also found 8 Renuzit solid air fresheners on clearance for .25 each. They were holiday scents - but who the heck cares! I love those scents all winter long. That was a $6 savings!
- I renewed my library book on-line, so as not to be over due and to save a trip
- Lots of free exercise shoveling snow!
- Entered a Kroger survey for 50 free points for gas. Not bad for only spending around $16.
- Shopped from the basement for additional groceries this week.
- All meals from scratch and from home. We haven't had a take out meal since first of November. Now we did have some store bought fried chicken livers for dinner one night this week - but we were gifted those by G's aunt and uncle! They were so yummy!!!
- Cut both G's and my hair at home - we were both getting shaggy looking!
The electric meat slicer I mentioned above doesn't get used very often - but sure has been handy to have on hand. I bought it years ago at a yard sale for $5. It has more than paid for itself! I can cut boneless meat just about any thickness I want (hard cheese as well).
I need a suggestion! Anyone have an idea on how to re-use those little Renuzit containers when they are done? I hate to just throw them away - and I am trying to come up with some ideas! I know there is some creative mind out there that can come up with a use!
Guess that about sums up my week! Not too exciting here.
How was your week? Did anyone get any good deals? Did anyone do anything creative this week?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Stay safe and warm this week. Be frugal my friends!
May God bless each of you every day.