I, for one couldn't be happier that the 4th is over. It was horrendous here, for 2 nights. So many people in the area had illegal fireworks going off, it sounded like WW3! The police won't do anything, so I have no idea why we have those laws.
My concern was for all the pets, elderly, and Vets in the area. It had me feeling like I was losing my mind, so I can't imagine how they felt.
There are still people setting off fireworks, but they aren't as bad.
Our weather has been hot, humid and wet for a big portion of the week, then yesterday it turned lovely. No AC yesterday or last night and none as of this writing. The heat and humidity returns this week however. I love these little breaks we get!!!!!
We have been getting plenty of rain for the garden, and several things are now starting to produce, at least some. I love fresh from the garden veggies!
It has been really quiet on the home front this week.
- laundry in cold and line drying (have to pick the right day with no rain)
- 2 rain barrels are full (110 gallons)
- Eating lots of fresh veggies from the garden
- Have been sorting, straightening, and inventorying our pantry and basement stock
- Received about 5 dozen canning jars (almost all quart) from G's aunt and uncle. They had a neighbor getting rid of them (free), and thought of us! Even got about 5 blue ones! YAY
- Did a lot of yard work on Saturday - so free exercise
- enjoying getting a break from the AC for a couple days and loving fresh air.
- Biggest FRUGAL - stayed out of stores and spent NOTHING this week!!
Burgers, baked beans and chips - bologna sandwiches with leftover beans and chips - garden veggies and pasta skillet and garden salad - tator tot casserole - pork chops, mac n cheese, salad - leftovers from the week and hot smoked sausages - Chinese (yes I caved and ordered out)
I was so tired Saturday night, so we ordered Chinese (G's favorite). It has been since April since we ordered any. This will also be our dinner tonight.
Snacks were gooey/nut biscuits (homemade), chocolate drizzle pretzel cheesecake (homemade), nuts, fresh fruit, and popcorn.
This coming week I will post again about the 3 P's and incorporate some of the things mentioned in the comments from others.
How was your week? Give us all a shout out.
Hoping your upcoming week is safe and healthy. May God be with and bless you all.