Weather has gone from winter to summer in a flash. Seems we have by-passed spring this year! In the past week, absolutely everything has budded out, greened up, leafed out, and sprung alive. Flowers that were a few inches tall a week ago are now huge!
Farm markets started around here yesterday. The ice cream truck made it's first showing of the season yesterday. I actually saw the first hummingbird of the year yesterday (already had the feeders out). I even saw a rabbit in the neighbors yard. I haven't seen a rabbit around here in 20 years!
The robins and other birds are in a frenzy taking baths. The robins are the cleanest birds ever!!!!
Too bad most of the weeds growing around here aren't a commodity - because this girl would be RICH! Oh my, I have pulled and pulled and there is no end in sight.
We even had to have AC on one night, just to be able to sleep. It was very humid. We are now back to open windows and ceiling fans - loads of fresh air! Love it. 70's all this coming week.
Aaaaaahhhhhh - I am in my element!
My frugal week:
- Airing out house - no heat
- Line dried ALL my laundry
- Filled the hummingbird feeders with homemade nectar
- Yard work, yard work, yard work!!!!!!!! FREE exercise and fresh air!
- Needed 2 birthday cards and 3 sympathy cards this week - had everything in my stash
- I went up to Kroger to check out clearance. I found deviled egg holders/carriers on clearance - 2 in a pack for .99 each. I got 7 packs - for Christmas baskets. That is ALL I bought at the store.
- NO groceries this week
- Doing all my normal stuff
My meals this past week:
Homemade Rice-a Roni with beef and beans
Cheeseburgers, chips, and fresh veggies
Pizza and salad
Smoked sausage, fried cabbage and potatoes
Stir fry veggies and chicken over rice
Cold pasta/crab/veggie salad (emphasis on veggies)
I am hoping to continue all the outdoor work this week. We all know there is no end to it. It will probably be a week or two until I decide to work on garden. I don't want to get in a hurry, and then have a cold snap hit again. It has happened!
Are you getting good weather? What are you doing to get ready for summer?
How was your frugal week?
Look forward to hearing from you all!
May the Lord bless you with a safe, healthy and productive week.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.