Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Yummy Apple Fritters

Fall is in the air, and apples are on my mind.  NOT pumpkins - apples.  I love all things apple - there are so many wonderful options.

Today I will give the recipe for delicious apple fritters.  They are so easy to make and so yummy.  They are donut 'like' inside and a bit crispy on the outside.  You can glaze or just add powdered sugar.
They are truly the best when eaten within a day of making them - seriously that should not be a problem!!!


APPLE FRITTERS

2 Tbsp. sugar
2 large eggs
1 C all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 C milk
2 tsp. lemon juice
2-3 C peeled chopped apples

Glaze
1 1/4 C powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3-4 tsp. warm water
OR sprinkle with powdered sugar with a bit of cinnamon added

Cut up your apple and sprinkle with the lemon juice

Cream sugar and eggs for 1 - 2 minutes.  Add flour and other dry ingredients and milk.  Slowly add apples and mix thoroughly.
MAKE SURE your oil is getting hot while doing all the above.  375* is necessary.
You need oil that hot, so fritters cook quickly and not absorb oil!!!!!!


Drop into oil by large spoonful.  Once they brown - gently flip over so other side can brown.  Do NOT make them too large or the center will not get done.

Remove from oil and set on cooling rack.  If using powder sugar instead of glaze - sprinkle while they are warm.
If using glaze - spread it on one side - let it set up a bit - turn over and glaze other side.  Best to have on wire racks if doing this, so they can drip if necessary.


These are so good.  I am making up a batch this afternoon.  Using up apples in the crisper that needs to be used.  Most people have all the ingredients on hand for these.
Great for breakfast or for a lovely dessert or treat after school.

I LOVE apple season.  You can keep your pumpkins - apples are what rock my world!
ENJOY!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'll be trying these.
    I like pumpkin donuts and apple cider donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious!
    I just discovered that just because something is labeled pumpkin spice, it doesn’t neccessarily contain pumpkin but it may only have a spice blend like pumpkin pie spice blend.
    I made oatmeal cookies for and event and put my Homemade spice blend in them, but no pumpkin. But the recipe called them pumpkin pie spice cookies. Crazy, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then they should be called spice cookies!!!!! I am just not a fan of pumpkin - don't really know why.
      They are delish.

      Delete
  3. This is one of my husbands favorite treats. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I love apple recipes. I was trying to find a fresh apple cake recipe, but I may have to try your fritters instead.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That sounds like something I could do! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super easy and good. You are more than welcome!

      Delete