There will be lots of people going to pools before they close and boating over the holidays - please stay safe!
We have had hot temps once again, and it looks as if the next week will continue to be around 90*. The humidity came back and makes it feel much warmer.
I have been on a personal battle with gnats!!!!! Geesh I just can't get rid of them. I have my little gnat traps (vinegar and sugar) set, and do get many - but my best defense is just killing them. I have smashed dozens a day! I guess until summer veggies quit coming in the house I am doomed to continue smashing gnats! (sounds like a rock group - LOL)
My frugal week:
- I harvested much less this week - but still harvesting. I ended up with about 14 lbs. of produce
- I canned 6 and 1/2 pints of spaghetti sauce
- Laundry in cold and line dried
- I ran to Meijer to get ground beef. 1.59/lb. - got 12 more pounds and froze. (I now have about 50 lbs. froze).
- Got myself a new summery ankle length dress at Meijer for 40% off. It is for an event I will be attending this month. This is the FIRST brand new dress I have purchased in years - I usually go to thrift or yard sales.
- Put back 24 single serving bottles of water this week (I'll talk about that later in the week)
- Got lots of yard work done on the one day with no humidity! Great free exercise.
- Picked 3 more pounds of grapes
- Getting Showtime FREE for 4 days this weekend - so recording lots of movies for later
- Did run to feed store for 'critter' supplies. I should be good for birds and squirrels well into October
- Doing all the usual things
Meals this past week:
Pork roast, potatoes & carrots (in crockpot)
Pulled BBQ pork, fried potatoes and side salad
Goulash and sliced tomatoes
Fried chicken and salad
Chopped steak and a large salad
Coney dogs with cheese and potato salad
Fried pork chops & kraut and mashed potatoes
What have you been up to this past week? How are the gardens and preserving going?
How have you been saving dollars?
My GOALS FOR SEPTEMBER are to stay away from the grocery stores as much as possible. I really need nothing and I am very stocked up. My only stock-up will be cat food again.
I want to get all my jelly and jams preserved.
I plan to do some deep fall cleaning and try to get prepared for the upcoming holidays.
I wish you all a safe, healthy and frugal week and month. May you all be blessed beyond your dreams.
CHOOSE to smile. CHOOSE to be kind. CHOOSE to laugh and enjoy life. CHOOSE to be the best you ever. They are all choices and they will make you and others happy.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.