It has been hot this week and dry. So much rain for so long, now hot and dry. We are never happy!! LOL.
We actually had a couple days that the humidity was down a bit and I tried to accomplish as much yard work as possible - EARLY! The first day I actually came close to heat exhaustion. I started feeling really light headed and nauseated and knew it was time to stop and go in and cool off.
It is going to be hot again this coming week. We may get a bit of rain come Tuesday/Wednesday from the remains of the hurricane weather moving northward. By the end of the week they are calling for upper 90's as a actual temperature. UGH!
- Used rain water on my plants - need more rain as barrels are getting low
- Had my AC check done and all checked out fine
- Got my eyes examined this week. Picked up new glasses Saturday and I don't know if I like them or not. So far - not! I will try for a while then may need them realigned. I have 60 days to make changes at no charge. They said I am early stages of cataracts! UGH. I didn't need to hear that. They dilated my eyes (hate that) and they still don't seem back to normal after several days.
- Worked on cleaning another closet that was packed! What a job.
- I took and donated 3 big bags and one box of items to church thrift store.
- Trimmed back bushes, trimmed and pulled weeds on one day. Hot, hot, hot!!!
- Mowed on the coolest day. As dry as it is - I may not need to mow again for a couple of weeks.
- Picked a bouquet of flowers
- Picked my first tomato!!! It wasn't big - but it was a fresh tomato
- Picked a couple more small cucumbers
- Got chicken breast out of freezer and used the crockpot and made a batch of Mexican chicken to use for several meals
- Made tea for the first time in 2 1/2 months. I drank a lot this week. Actually made 2 gallons.
- NO shopping at all!
Meals this week:
Waffles and sausage patties (all precooked from freezer)
Tuna cheesy mac
Pickle loaf sandwich supreme and an orange creamy shake
Leftover cheesy mac and steamed veggies
Fried diced potatoes and smoked sausage topped with diced tomatoes and cheese
Smoked sausage sandwich topped with tomatoes and cheese
Mexican chicken on tostadas with cheese & sour cream
Nothing exciting here. How was your week? Did you get any deals? Hope everyone's garden are doing well.
Has any one been going to the farm markets?
I pray for health and safety for each of you and your families in this coming week. Prayers for healing for those in need. Stay cool and hydrated and have a lovely week.
I know that a few of our readers have been moving and in the process of selling homes and I pray for relief, good quick sales, and rest for you all. What a job!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.