We cooled a bit this week and the humidity went bye-bye! It really has been lovely.
Warmer temps starting today and humidity going up a bit - rain coming in a day or so - not going to complain.
I got to attend a family function yesterday. My eldest sister's daughter had a cook-out and pool party at her home. Wow, is all I can say about her home. Huge and gorgeous! It was a lovely time with nieces and nephews I don't get to see often. We all had a good time reminiscing about the old days!
Glen's sister passed away suddenly this week. She was just 60. She had been in the hospital for a few days - but was doing better (it seemed). Then she suddenly went into cardiac arrest. I feel so bad for her son. She passed away exactly 90 days to the date of Glen (23rd). I will be attending her memorial service later today. Just so sad.
It really has been pretty quiet on the home front this week.
- Picked 5 little cucumbers and 5 tomatoes (1 nice one and 4 littles) YUM
- Picked a bouquet from the yard
- Received an almost $500 refund check from our home owners insurance! It seems they have over charged us for quite a while!!
- I went and ordered flowers for the funeral and was given 4 pretty carnations to bring home
- I cleaned, decluttered and rearranged a lot of things this week. I could spend weeks and weeks working inside the house! It never ends.
- I mowed and trimmed
- Used all leftovers
- No shopping
- Laundry in cold and line dried
Meals this past week:
Mexican goulash - regular goulash w/taco seasoning and corn added
Leftover goulash and salad
BLT and a milkshake
Chef salad topped with chicken tender pieces
Baked fish and red beans/rice
Beans/rice/beef into burritos
Dinner at nieces house
How was your week? Are the gardens thriving yet? Mine sure is going slow. I hope others are getting lots of goodies.
Any good deals this week? How did you save money?
I hope you all have a great upcoming week. Please stay safe and healthy. Prayers for comfort, healing and happiness.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.