A change - she is a coming!!!!!!!! Rain coming in later today and that 'cold' front is supposed to get rid of the humidity and tomorrows HIGH is to be 79*. WOOHOO! That has been the low for many days.
We did get rain one day - which helped the garden plants and the flowers. The rain barrels are both full again.
I have been listening to some You Tube videos this week (instead of doing all the things I should be doing)! I have listened to several from Coffee with Kate. She is definitely a fan of Amy Dacyczyn and the Tightwad Gazette. She says that gave her the first incentive to get busy on the frugal journal as it did many of us. I found it lovely that in one video she mentioned our own Rhonda from If you do stuff, stuff gets done blog (blog link at the right of my page). How cool is that?
My week was kind of quiet:
- I went to my sister's for dinner on Sunday - nice family time. She sent home yummy leftovers!
- Covered the greenhouse roof with a tarp - to keep so much sun out of it and keep it a bit cooler for the cats. It gets so hot in there, even with the door open. Their food is protected in there.
- Deadheaded all the lilies one morning.
- Froze 3 containers of the Mexican chicken I made on Saturday
- Rain barrels are full again
- I have been moving many of my 'store bought' preps upstairs. Using the bookshelves that I have been emptying. I'll show you this later.
- De-cluttering more & cleaning
- Tied up the tomato plants
- Making lists of TO DO!!! I still have so many important things I need to accomplish - it has been right at 3 months now - and I keep putting them off. Avoidance is my denial!!! I have to get my butt in gear. Time to get serious! Some things really NEED to be done.
- Picked a bouquet of flowers
- I ran to Kroger for cat food stock-up and of course I wondered around the store. Milk was .88 half gallon and 2.19 gallon. Of course I got 2 - 1/2 gallons. I told a lady that was getting a gallon the price difference and she said IT'S ONLY .40 DIFFERENT!! Really? I asked her "what if you paid .40 over for everything? Wouldn't that be a difference?" She shook her head and walked away. OMG!!!!!! People amaze me.
- I found Campbell's cream of onion soup on managers special for .50/can (got the 6 left) - Campbell's chunky Chicken Fiesta soup (big cans) on manager's special for 1.29/can (got 3 that were left). I found grape Jello for .22/box - I got 10. I love anything grape!!!!!
My meals this past week:
Dinner at sister's
Leftovers from sis - breaded tenderloin, mac n cheese & deviled eggs
Mexican chicken over rice
Fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes & tomato/cukes sliced
Loaded bacon cheese burger & salad (bacon I pre-cooked from freezer)
Tuna salad over bed of lettuce and crackers
2 slices pizza (already baked & from freezer)
I am thinking about doing a Wednesday post for a few weeks - addressing summer harvests. Could be canning recipes, cooking recipes, freezing, etc. This would be in concert with the regular Tuesday and Thursday posts. What say you?
Would this be of interest to anyone? Let me know.
How was your week? Did you stay cool? Any deals? Were you blessed with any garden goodies?
I look forward to hearing from you and pray that you each have a wonderful week ahead. Stay safe, cool and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.