I, for one, am glad the 4th is over!!!! Oh my. I can not even begin to describe the noise and the anxiety.
My flowers are all blooming. Many are just starting - but things of color are popping up all over. That is lovely. So far the garden plants are doing pretty well.
I just haven't been able to get too excited about my yard and garden this summer. I have left many things go, so unlike me.
I am sure it is all the effect of such a life change. Many days I just have no gumption - it's like someone let the air out of my balloon!
This week I have been feeling sorry for myself, and I am trying hard to snap out of that. I am sorry to mention this to you all - I don't mean to dwell. I just need to get it out somedays.
I am working hard on this. I know I am very fortunate and I thank God daily (many times a day) for my blessings. Just feel lonely sometimes.
It has been hot this week. 90* and up all week. Humidity has been high. We got 2 little rains (just a few minutes each) - so I have been using rain water from barrels on the plants.
I knew when it was chilly and rainy - this would happen. One extreme to the other.
This next week they are predicting 80's and less humidity. YAY!
- I cleaned out the hall closet. It is medicinal/herbs/vitamins and health & beauty stuff. I do believe I have enough soft and regular soap to last me for the rest of my life!! There sure is a lot in there, as well as deodorant and toothpaste. I have herbs and vitamins to last for ages.
- Been working on getting more donations together - will donate a bit of the H & B stuff to the shelter.
- Using rain water for watering
- Washed up all the cat bedding from the greenhouse. It is all fresh and clean and folded and ready for this coming winter.
- Colored my hair at home
- Stopped at Goodwill hunting for a specific item and my goodness they are pricey. I ended up buying brand new for less than prices they were charging. I needed a few camisole type undies and I found 4 at Shopper's World for $2 ea. on sale. (There is a story behind this for another day!) Used ones at GW were 3.99 each!!
- Baked up 1 1/2 lbs. of bacon - some in the freezer now
- Raked leaves (yes leaves) and used them as weed mulch behind the shed. Tulip poplar always starts shedding in July - sigh!
- Cut & dried basil and mint
- I wanted a watermelon this week. I had many choices of places to go and decided on Save A Lot. I got my melon and walked through the store - and behold there was marked down ground beef - $1 PER POUND!!!!!! I still have plenty in freezer - but it is so versatile - so I bought 15 lbs. I came home and repackaged into 1/2 lb. bags (perfect for 1). If I need more for something I can just thaw extra packs. Quite the deal!!!!! I think I was guided to that store for a reason.
- Finally set up an eye doctor appointment (for Monday)
- Finally set up my "spring" AC check (for Tuesday) - better late than never
- Picked 3 more cucumbers (4 now)
Meals this week:
Pasta with buter and parmesan cheese
Chicken strip and coleslaw roll-up (these are yummy)
Homemade meat & olive pizza (ended up freezing half for another day)
Fried green tomatoes
Steak burger and cuke/tomato/purslane salad
Watermelon, salsa/chips or ice cream for snacks
My fried green tomato was wonderful. I bought a large one at farm market last week. Mine don't get picked green until after I get some red ones! Simple and yummy dinner along with a small bowl of melon!
How was your week? Did you get any good frugal deals? What's happing in your gardens?
I hope you all had an enjoyable week and enjoyed time with your families and friends.
I did talk to several relatives this week and enjoyed those conversations - but chose to stay home.
May your upcoming week be healthy and happy and frugal. Prayers being lifted for healing to all that need them.
I just want to say thank you for being a part of my life - it means a lot to me.
Blessings from my little humble home to yours.