My neighbor had his grandkids over this weekend and the oldest was having a birthday weekend. He turns 5 on Tuesday and the other is 2. Forget the remote car he got - they had an absolute ball playing in the leaves (as grandpa blew them around) and playing with the big box the car came in!!!!! I laughed and laughed. They were having so much fun. It took my back to my childhood. I sure enjoyed watching them. Simple fun! Warmed my heart.
The birds and squirrels were kind of M I A for many days. I think they were going for different sources of food. I keep finding empty walnut shells all over the yard - and I don't have a walnut tree! They are back to normal now for the most part. I still a hummy or two now and again.
The bees and butterflies are every where - they sure do love the Live Forever plants. AND SPIDERS - did I mention spiders?????? Everywhere - I dodge webs every place I walk outside!!!!!
Oh I saw my first (in real life) hummingbird MOTH this week. Amazing!!!! I have seen pictures and videos, but never one in real life. I wish I had a picture of it. It truly did look like a itty bity hummingbird - it was hanging out on my phlox. So cool.
Love the pretty butterflies. They are every where and loving any flower they can!
- Accomplished a bunch more paperwork and assorted paper projects. If you have never been left alone - you have no idea how many things there are to do. We had everything in order and everything in both names - but my goodness there is still so much. I now have to get things in order so my new beneficiaries are taken care of (as well as me for hopefully many, many more years). Wouldn't wish it on anyone!
- My chest freezer stopped AGAIN! UGH. (2X in 6 months) The breaker was still on and the GFI wasn't tripped - so it is the freezer. It is done. I did lose some butter and ice cream and a small ham - not much else this time. I found it again just in time for trash day - I got lucky. It sure did stink! All cleaned out and unplugged - I will either give to a scrapper or use for storage. Not going to replace.
- No grocery shopping this week
- Got my jars and canning stuff ready to go - and planned to can. Didn't!!!! Being a sloth!
- I was given a nice wooden glider for the front porch. It is painted the exact color of the shutters. I now have 2 on the porch, opposite each other.
- Have been using rain barrels to water plants
- Washed some of the windows (inside)
- Working on more deep cleaning and de-clutter
- Picked more tomatoes and so enjoying them!
- Cooking from scratch, using what I have. Made Kool-Aid this week - that has been a nice flavorful treat.
- I needed to get out on Saturday and see civilization! I ran and filled my tank up and saved .40 per gallon on gasoline with my points.
- I then went across the street to Ollies! Mistake!!!!!! I couldn't resist and bought 2 books They have the cheapest books. I got a Taste Of Home - Shop Smart Eat Great cookbook and Fix-It and Forget-It slow cooker cookbook. One was 2.99 and the other 3.99. Just what I need - more cookbooks. I may end up gifting them after I read!
My clematis is blooming again (little flowers) as is the mallow
The impatiens are still gorgeous!
My weekly meals:
Homemade bean and beef burritos
Hotdogs with homemade relish (on buns)
Beefy/cheese dip and tortilla chips (Mixed taco meat/Velveeta/salsa together and served with chips)
Mac n cheese with leftover hotdog cut up in it and sliced tomato
Homemade Rice a Roni and sliced tomatoes
Leftover rice mixed with beef - served over open bun with American cheese (so tasty)
Spicy summer sausage/cheese chunks/crackers & veggie chunks
How was your week? Did you get any good deals?
I need to get busy this week and can!!!!! I also need to cut my hair again. So many things to do.
I pray for your health and safety this week and may you received healing if so needed.
I also pray we all appreciate the earth and it's beauty in the changing seasons and that we help protect it. Consume less and conserve more - should be our motto!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
I love standing and looking up through the trees. Limbs going here and there - no 2 alike - leaves falling and the sun shining down through. Kind of like life!
(click on pictures to enlarge)