This year has been a real blur and I can't believe it is now Christmas time. My goodness - we will be entering the 'roaring twenties' in a month!
We have had a lot of rain this week. I am over it! BUT, I am very glad it hasn't been snow. Wind and more wind came through Wednesday. It was crazy. We had wind gusts of 60/65 mph. I am so thankful the trees had no leaves, as the wind met no resistance. Funny thing, the wind managed to corral all my leaves into a couple of areas, so they are rounded up and ready for me to pick up when the rain stops! This coming week should be normal temps for the season and dry.
- I worked on painting a lot this week in the bathroom. I did take off a couple days and the old back was screaming "stop". I have a couple spots to touch up - but the painting is done and it looks so fresh and clean. It is all put back together!!!
- I put up just a border instead of papering the bottom half of room.
- I did go and buy a new shower curtain and throw rug.
- I changed out the bathroom door handle with a new one I had here
- I stopped at Lowes this week and picked up many paint samples. Trying to match the trim in the house. It is 30+ years old, and I could not remember the name. I brought home many and tried and found an exact match! I will go and get paint this week to refresh all the trim in the house.
- Colored hair
- Did some shopping for small gifts and stuffers for teens (not Friday!)
- I made a batch of brownies to take for Thanksgiving at nieces. They were a hit
- Put up decorations for Christmas on the doors
- Did a huge update on the computer
- Brought home some goodies - food and dessert from nieces
- Made a turkey breast in the crockpot on Friday - so juicy
- All the normal weekly stuff
- I ran to Kroger on Friday and 5 - 4lb. bags of sugar for .99 ea. I didn't need it - but will put it back for later (at that price). I also got 4 GC's for gifts and got 4X the gas points for purchasing those. That will sure help with gasoline purchase this month. I also got 2 nice heads of cauliflower for .99 each in mark-down bin
Meals this past week:
I kept things light and easy this week - just too busy
Leftovers from the frig
Beef/bean burrito (homemade)
Tostada's (used leftover beans and beef)
Small pizza from freezer
Thanksgiving Day - meal at nieces
Cold turkey sandwich, mac n cheese and dessert (all from nieces). She made the BEST mac/cheese!
Turkey and dumplings (Sweet Sue)
Too many desserts!
I am over sweets for a while. They have started affecting my vision. I have low blood sugar and sweets really mess with my eyes. Need to break on all sweets for a while.
This week I plan on putting turkey up. Make a pot of soup. Go to feed store. Get as much Christmas done as possible. Go get trim paint. Get out all my baking recipes for holiday goodies. Get my cards done.
MAYBE - start to watch some Christmas movies I have recorded. I haven't watched ONE yet! I keep recording. Glen loved Christmas shows and I just haven't had the heart to watch. I know he wouldn't want me to miss out - so maybe!
I hope you and yours (in U.S.) had a great Thanksgiving. Did any of you brave the craziness and go shopping on Black Friday? That is not for the faint of heart!
Did you stay frugal this past week?
Hope you are gearing up for Christmas - it sure is close at hand.
I pray for health and safety for each of you and your families. Stay safe and stay frugal. Be kind and help others if possible.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.