We got around a total of 8" of snow this week. Two snowfalls over two days. First one, the neighbor did shoveling of drive and front walk for me. God love him. Second one I took care of. Boy it got cold too. Starting to warm a bit and the snow is melting. Probably won't be much, if any, left for Christmas. I know people want snow for Christmas, I just like that it makes for safe traveling, having none.
I watched a couple more different types of holiday shows again this week. I saw Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. What a cute show and another cartoon with a message. Greed will destroy you!
I also watched a show called Love The Coopers. I had never heard of it before. It had John Goodman and Diane Keaton in it. It was really pretty good - kind of a never give up on love/dis-functional family Christmas show.
The blue jays have really been in abundance this week. They sure love their peanuts. The pileated woodpecker has been around this week as well. Oh how beautiful and majestic. Big Bird (the hawk) has been around too. Sure keeps the little birds away and quiet. THEN one day the crows showed up. Good grief, they make the hawk look like a parakeet! They look like turkeys walking around out there - just huge. Glad they were just passing through.
Of course I have my cardinals every morning and evening and all those squirrels!
- I recieved a $5/$30 coupon (again) for Aldi. Needs to be used by 12/24. I don't really need anything - but will probably get a little stock and maybe a special item or two
- I cleaned the wood floors throughout the house - 2X. They sure needed it again
- Moved a lot of snow this week
- Made 2 batches of candy and a batch of cookies. Cookies were part of siblings gift. Made chocolate coated mixed nut clusters, chocolate toffee bark and Springerle cookies (batch 1).
- Finally got the few cards I sent - mailed! Parcels will be done after the holidays.
- Finished up the gift shopping
- Started working of wrapping and bagging gifts
- Had sibling Christmas yesterday. Got some nice gifts. Mixed popcorn in a tin, home canned goods (lots), cash and a gift card for Kroger. Had a lovely meal that sister made. It was a nice day. My brother was soooo funny. They got lots of jar recipes and homemade stuff, and he kept pulling things out of the bag saying "this is mine, this is mine...." I told him he reminded of Ralphie's little brother on Christmas morning when they see the gifts!!!!!!! (from Christmas Story). It was hilarious!
- Sis sent home some leftovers - so no cooking today!
- Been cleaning - mirrors, glass, throw rugs, dusting, laundry, etc.
- Loaded a couple more boxes of donations into the car - when I get down that way to drop off
Meals this past week:
Home made Rice A Roni and asparagus
Gumbo (from freezer) and added leftover rice from day before
Cube steak and mashed potatoes/gravy
Egg rolls (from freezer)
Chicken dumplings and a salad
Dinner at sis's - stuffed shells, chicken alfredo, garlic bread and Éclair cake (YUM)
Isn't it amazing that everyone has been hustling around getting ready for the holiday and it is almost here? This time next week it will just be a memory! It comes and goes so fast.
Wednesday I will go to brothers for a while and visit with his kids and grands. Saturday the kids come up for Christmas here. (other niece and nephews/families). Sunday next I have a baby shower to go to. Baking to do in there in as well. I have all I need for the food for next Saturday. It will be a busy week I guess. That is probably a good thing for me!
Are you ready? What are your plans? Any special traditions?
Baking done? Tis the season - fa la la la la - la la la la!!!!!
Prayers for health happiness and comfort and peace for all this week. I know there are many who are sad this year - may God touch you and bless you with His presence.
Blessings to each of you and your families from my humble little home to yours.
I will be here again before Christmas - but others may take a break.
Merry Christmas to those taking a computer break this week!