We have had an exceptionally warm week. All the snow from the week before was pretty well gone by Christmas.
Today it is raining and raining some more and is supposed to be in the low 60's! It was almost 60 when I went out to feed the cats at 6:30 this morning. We will have a little cooling this week, but still all above normal.
I am glad we are getting rain instead of the snow many parts of the country are receiving. I look at this as - each day we have that is decent is one more closer to spring and one less of cold and snow!
The week was a blur. Between being busy with last minute Christmas preps, visiting, cleaning and company - it went quickly. I am really kind of glad - as it was a week that I was not looking forward to. It ended up being a lovely week of visits with family.
- I cut my hair and colored it
- Thoroughly cleaned the stove, oven and refrigerator
- Made a Dutch apple pie, brownies, and 3 kinds of cookies
- House is the cleanest it has been in ages!
- I actually got to air the house this week. 4 days of no heat and 3 nights of no heat (in Dec.)!
- Made a ton of ice
- I received a gift in the mail from an old neighbor (owns the house our friend rents next door). He sent me a lovely little bird feeder. The gift came all the way from Lebanon - the country (where he currently lives)!!!! It was so sweet of him to think of me.
- I got so many wonderful gifts. Food items, flavored teas, GC's, home crafted wood items, a warm soft throw, bath items and lotions, a sweater......... My nieces and nephews sure do love their Auntie! I love them all so much.
I received the Discover book from a nephew. It is about 1" thick and is full of coupons for discounts all over town and for all kinds of things. There is a $5 coupon for every month for Kroger - that is a lot of money saved. I got GC's for taco bell as well. Everyone knows I love Taco Bell.
- I made a lot of goodies for company on Saturday. Have lots of food leftover to take me through at least New Years. All was made with items I already had here.
- I recorded The Wizard of Oz and Coat of Many Colors this week. May spend new year's day watching movies
- I gave away the Aldi coupon I had to neighbor. I decided not to go, and didn't want the coupon to be wasted. He was glad to save $5
My weekly meals:
Stuffed shells and garlic bread (from my sister)
Burger and oven fries
Just snacked on odds and ends that was in frig
Dinner at my brother's home
Mac n cheese and ham, roll (brought home from brothers)
Small pizza from freezer
Christmas get together with many nieces and nephews - I made shredded salsa chicken, cheese and meat plate, veggies, crackers, tortillas, buns, chips, salsa, nacho cheese dip and lots of sweets
I got to meet a great/great nephew for the first time (they live out of town). He just turned one. He is the image of his daddy for sure. I decided to pass along something to him. I gifted him the rocking chair I got when I was one (64 years ago)!!! I also gave him a large teddy bear that my sister (would have been his great grandma) gave me 36 years ago. It was a hit. His daddy and mommy was thrilled to get a family heirloom.
I am going to a baby shower today. I plan on just relaxing to end the year. Slowly putting away all my lovely gifts and put away all Christmas stuff.
I hope you all had a great Christmas holiday and hope you have a lovely end to the year. May you all stay safe and healthy this week.
Blessings to you all from my humble little home to yours.
(I will be posting Tuesday as normal)