Happy Sunday everyone. My goodness, here we are half-way through the month and just a few days before Christmas. It is just amazing to me how quickly this year has gone by.
We had some really frigid temperatures the first part of the week and then we got back to decent (seasonal) temperatures. They are predicting snow for tonight and maybe tomorrow. I don't think it will stick around long as we are supposed to be back in the 40's the last part of the week. Oh well, it is Christmastime! Tis the season!
We have had some of the most incredible sunsets this past week and a sunrise that was just glorious. The colors were amazing.
- I got the remainder of the mini blinds in the house all cleaned
- Worked on cards and parcels (still not mailed - I bad)
- I did go to the Social Security office. MAJOR accomplishment for me. I went to a branch on the north side of town so as not to go downtown (town is so busy and congested). I found the place on my own. I prayed before I went and God got me through it. I got Medicare done and now have an appointment for S.S. widow payments.
- I got gasoline and saved .80/gallon with my points! Thanks to 4X points for gift card purchases and survey points.
- I ran to Kroger for a few more basket stuffers and I got pears in markdown - 4/.99.
Yum - have been munching on these for snacks. Hadn't had fresh pears in a long time.
- I worked on more jar recipes. Tried to finish up shopping. I think I only have a couple more small things to get. Worked on gift bags.
- Ran to Aldi and got eggs for .49/dozen and butter for 1.99/lb.
- I got a present in the mail!!!! A friend from the other side of the country sent me a lovely gift. I got the warmest socks/slippers, a bag of thick ribbon candy and raspberry candies!!!! EEK!
These are incredibly warm and cozy. My feet won't be cold this winter. Lined and slip resistant! How lucky am I? Thank you L!!!!!!!!!
- Refilled all the feed bins to be ready for nasty weather. Filled with supplies on hand
- Made more squirrel treats
- Cleaning (always), laundry in cold, drinking Kool-Aid and water too, eating from home and from scratch, doing all the regular stuff
Meals this past week:
Beef, bean and cheese burrito
Potato soup (from freezer) and added leftover beef and beans (tasty)
Chipped beef gravy over toast
Mac n cheese and hotdogs
Leftover mac and hotdog and green beans (from freezer)
Turkey rice soup (from freezer) and a cold cut sandwich
I learned when the kids will be coming up for Christmas - it will be the 28th. I have my menu all planned and I do believe I have 99% of it already here. I only need buns (I believe). I look forward to their visit.
Trying to get myself more in the mood, I checked out the Christmas music channel on cable - NOPE too many slow and sad sounding songs. I decided to check the radio and found a local channel that is Christmas music all day everyday until Christmas. I have been listening to that. It is much happier sounding music.
Like I said, I believe I am about done with any shopping. A couple more odd gift cards to get that none of the local stores sell. I will need to go in these restaurants to get. I went out Friday, thinking I would beat the weekend madness. HAHA!!!!!! It was a madhouse out there. Goodness sakes, I couldn't believe it. By the time I got home, I was so confused and I was thinking it was Saturday. LOL
I have baking to do each week. Have you baked? Shopping done? Has anyone found any awesome deals?
Let us know what is going on in your neck of the woods.
Prayers for health, healing, and happiness this week. I pray for all of those missing loved ones. It makes things tough I know. The Lord will get you through this.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.