Well, we are on the final count down. Less than one week and it will be Christmas. I hope you are all ready or close to it. I am getting there. I finished some major projects this week.
I learned last evening that the kids (niece and nephews) will be here on the 26th!!!!! YAY. I wasn't doing baking until it got close to them coming. I would be tempted to eat stuff and want it for them. So, this week will be baking and finish the wrapping.
We have been having the roller coaster of weather continuing. Cold, warm, rain (lots) and wind (LOTS). We will not be having a white Christmas here. That is OK with me. The older I get, the less I care about that.
Winter is official this week and the shortest day of the year. Then the days start getting LONGER!!!!! YAY!
Funny, it seems to me that light is actually lasting longer in the evening than a few weeks ago and the mornings are staying dark longer.
Sis is out of rehab! I am so happy for that. She is staying at my nephews, which is out of town, until at least after the new year. I am happy, as they can sure keep an eye on her. They have been keeping her little doggy and she got to reunite with her! At least she will be with her kids for Christmas. She has a long way to go on therapy and healing, but at least she has her freedom!
- I made up some cookie dough and froze
- Cleaned out the corn storage can (feed). It was icky at the bottom - old and nasty tidbits of corn.
- Made a feed store run as I was almost completely out of everything for the critters. Stocked on birdseed and corn and sunflower seeds. Got a FREE 20 lb. bag of bird seed!
- Using up leftovers and using up odds and ends I am finding in the pantry/freezer. A box or stove top stuffing, small container of corn in freezer, buns, gravy, turkey and today a can of Campbell's bean soup (over rice)
- Got most of the items that needed holiday bags - done. Still have a little wrapping to do
- Got to air the house out again on 2 days
- FINISHED all 3 little girl nap blankies! All steamed and ironed and ready to wrap. I will show pictures on Tuesday. Doubtful I will do doll blankies (maybe if I find time)
- Got everything I had on hand paid for the year. I think I am done for this year!
- Got a notice of Soc. Sec. for next year. Even with Medicare going up some, my check will still be over $90 higher each month! I will gladly take that. It all helps.
- I did a trim and root touch up on hair at home
- Using up what I have (trying to use all the older stuff), cooking from scratch, laundry, cleaning, using soda stream, just doing all the normal stuff.
- NO grocery store this week
Meals this past week:
Chili (from freezer)
Tamales over rice
Turkey and gravy (freezer) and stove top with corn (freezer) added
Double cheeseburger and chips
Fish, oven fries and slaw
Small pizza (homemade dough from freezer)
Green beans, potatoes and sausage
How was your week? Are you ready??? Baking, wrapping or still shopping? How has your frugal week been?
I sure hope you have all stayed safe and healthy. Hoping all gets to have time next weekend with people you love and care for.
Stay healthy this week and take time to just relax and enjoy the reason for the season.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
I will post this week!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3: 16-17
Thank You for this most precious and everlasting gift. We are blessed beyond belief on this earth, and we will continue to be blessed in eternity. Help us to open our eyes to all our blessings and help us to accept Your word. AMEN