Good day to all. Hope this finds you all well and safe.
All is good here. We sure had quite the roller coaster of weather this week. Really something for December!
We had cold and warmth - we had snow flurries and thunderstorms - we had lots of wind and tornado watches. We have had quit the mis-mash of weather. Friday night was quite scary with the storms. My area really lucked out, as some areas had a lot of damage. Sending prayers for all those affected in states south of here for loss of homes and in some instances life. Such terrible tragedy.
It looks like much of this coming week will be warmer than normal as well. Weird weather!
- Used all leftovers this week - nothing wasted
- My mobile home phones quit working over the last weekend (they are a 2 pc. set) and I figured I needed new batteries. That was going to cost about $50 for both. I did much checking and trouble shooting and finally found a loose connection on one phone (I figured cat must have pulled it loose). Trouble shooting can sure save money. It was worth looking around and crawling around under things a little. All working fine now, and no money spent.
- I ordered the jerky and summer sausage I get every year for gifts at the first of week. I almost forgot. I sure hope it all comes in time!
- I got my cards all mailed
- I have started getting a few cards this week. I got a gift in the mail from a friend! I opened it and lo and behold there were 3 wrapped packages in it. I opened 2 - a cute Christmas pair of socks and a pretty angel. Trying to resist opening #3 until closer to Christmas!! I am such a kid at heart!!!
- Did a little sewing
- I do believe I have finished my shopping! I still need one Aldi GC - but can run there any time.
- I got to see sis at rehab this week. She is improving slowly! She is not happy with progress, but we all know she is doing good. She just wants to be home - bless her heart. I feel so sorry for her.
- While out shopping and visiting I stopped at Fresh Thyme Market. I hadn't been there in ages. I got 2 - 3lb. bags of navel oranges for less than $6 total. I also got some OTC supplements I needed
- I did some bulk cooking. I made a bunch of fried chicken and cooked up extra pork chops this week. Extras (cooked) were frozen for easy future meals.
- All my usual things - using what I have, cooking from scratch, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Actually aired the house on 2 different days this week! Crazy in December.
- Got a call from a friend at Kroger that they had stocked cat food shelves! I ran up there and got quite a bit of canned food for kitties. While there I looked around and found bread on clearance. And they had ham on sale. I got a shank ham for .79/lb. Almost 7 1/2 lbs. for under $6! I didn't need it for now - but couldn't pass up the price for future meals.
Meals this past week:
Tostadas (used up leftovers)
Seasoned rice with peas and chicken strips
Fried cabbage, mashed potatoes and a smoked sausage
Leftover cabbage and potatoes with pork chops (2 little ones)
Quesadilla - made with leftover rice and beans
Fried chicken and salad - 2X
How was your week? Shopping done? Gifts wrapped? Decorating done? Deals found?
I hope this finds you all well and safe and I look forward to hear what is going on your lives! Belinda, I hope you are safe and sound - I know you live in TN.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.