Hello to all and happy July! This is the 4th of July weekend here in US. Celebration of becoming a free country. Despite all the things that go on daily - we still have a great country. Celebrations actually started around here last night. People shooting off fireworks. I do not like them at all - but people will do them. This year has been better than most to this point. I will be glad when all the fireworks are done.
It started out cooler this week, then it got HOT! Dry as a bone here. We had sprinkles one night and that was it. Today the humidity is down a bit - so that really helps. Next week looks to be hot and at least there is a chance of rain just about every day.
We look to lose about 40 minutes of daylight this month!
- Neighbor across the street gave me a couple cucumbers
- Trimmed the weeds/grass at fence line on the other side of fence (the newer folks that moved in). They have yet to get a weed whacker - so I reached over fence and whacked it all.
- Cut a bunch of wild stuff growing out back in fence row
- Used some very old apples and made an apple treat - stove top. Apples and thick pancake mix - made a big and tasty fritter. Used as dessert/treat a couple days!
- Raked the back yard MANY times
- Picked 2 mixed bouquets
- Worked on the flowers on front walk - deadheaded and cut back a lot
- Picking zucchinis! Got 5 more this week
- Cut my hair and did a little color. My hair sure needed cut!
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do
- Got to have windows open and air house many mornings
- Stopped when out and got 100 stamps. I am good for about a year
- I ran to Kroger for a couple deals. Boy, did I get some great deals!!!! Best shopping trip in a while. The store was fully stocked - aisles had tons of pallets of goods being unloaded, and actually some decent prices. I got TP - 12 pack of dbl. rolls for 3.99! Didn't need - but I will eventually. CHEESE was on sale 1.49 lb. for 8 oz. blocks and 1.49 - 6 oz. packs of sandwich slices. I got 5 of each (limit of coupon). FRESH CORN - .25 ear. I just got 5 - for eating this week. ALL BEEF HOTDOGS - 2.49 pack. Got 5 for freezer. Seedless GRAPES - .99/lb. WATERMELON - was to be 2.79 - they didn't charge me for it I noticed when I got home. Yikes - so Free. Then I got bags of frozen veggies on clearance. Broccoli/cauliflower and Brussels/onion/winter squash and one of okra - .50 EACH!!!!! I got 5 each of the mixed and only one okra (what they had).
I also got Creamette's elbow macaroni 2 - 1 lb. boxes for $1. I got 4 more pounds for stock. A few weeks back I got 4 lbs. (2 lb. boxes) for stock as well. I should be set with pasta - I have tons of long pasta.
All in all it was a great shopping trip. I wasn't going to go - something must have nudged me.
NOW my upright freezer is positively stuffed, jam packed full, and I have no plans on grocery shopping for July. I will have garden and will use what I have. Only things might be cat food (of course) or milk.
Meals this past week:
Leftover cheeseburger rice skillet and green beans
Chopped steak and tomato/onion/cucumber salad
Zucchini/sausage/rice skillet and leftover salad
Leftover zucchini skillet and corn fritters (freezer)
Cold cut sandwich and a bit of this and that - just a snacking kind of day
Sauteed zucchini, corn of cob, and onion/cuke salad
SNACKS - fresh fruit, apple fritter
I had a decent week. I was pleased.
I had a baby kitty show up for a couple days - and it finally found its way back home (across street). It was so precious and little! Glad it got home safely, as I didn't know where it was from. I saw the neighbors with it - a couple days later. I was really fretting about it - I sure don't need another cat!
Caught a relocated a huge racoon!
My babies all got their flea meds yesterday. (I had on hand)
Goodness, there is always something going on critter-wise around here.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? How is the garden doing? Staying cool?
I hope those in US have a nice and safe holiday. I wish everyone a great week ahead.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we are not contending with flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Dear Lord, we ask you to bless our nations, our people and our communities, with heaven's greatest gift and earth's greatest need. Peace and harmony. So many have succumbed to Satan's evil ways, and they do not even realize it. We ask that evil be gone. Please help us all to be free and at peace. Amen