Happy Sunday and Happy December!!!!! How did this happen so fast? In less than a month we will be into 2024!!! WOW! Meteorological winter started on December 1, in our part of the world. Good news - it is only about 89 or 90 days until meteorological spring!!!!! LOL
I hope this finds you all well and safe!!!
Well, earlier I told you about the lady across the alley that had her back and yard bush hogged! I thought she must have gotten rid of the chickens. NOPE! There are 2 that are constantly roaming out in the alley this week. One is black and one is black and white - they are big and pretty. Sure isn't safe! They don't seem to care, nor do they fix the hole in the privacy fence. The alley is busy and at night there are racoons and opossums wondering. Sometimes dogs. It amazes me how little people care about their animals. Poor chicks.
We were above normal temps for part of the week. Had rain and it looks to rain today as well. The ground needs it! It is being reported that our area will be above normal temps through much of December. Okey-dokey!!!!!
- I have continued on the deep clean - just about have everything in the house dusted from the sanding mess! What a job. Also got rid of a couple bags to trash of papers and stuff. Still decluttering.
- Froze balance of turkey breast for future meals
- Got the wreaths up on doors and the Christmas flag out
- Worked on gift baskets - checking my list!!
- Both cats got flea meds
- Tons of laundry!!! Amazing how much I do for one person. I did everything from the bed and door rugs again, plus towels and clothes
- Paid everything and even paid ahead on a couple. I am not sure what is going on w/electric bill. I am on a budget (same every month). Usually they total out in about Sept. The past 2 months, I have been billed less than $20 per month!!!! I continue to pay the budget amount.
- I ordered the jerky and summer sausage from Walnut Creek Foods (all gifts for baskets)
- Ran out to P.O. to mail bills and got Christmas stamps
- While out - I went to Kroger, Big Lots, and Ollies. I got gas with discount for 2.57/gal. Needed less than $15 worth for the month!
- I got a few more basket items at Kroger and Big Lots. Ollies I got the last of the gifts for the littles. All I need now are a few more gift cards and I am done.
Meals this week:
Warm open face nacho cheese/turkey sandwich and fries
Hamburger goulash and salad
Made chili mac with leftover goulash (added chili beans)
Chicken breast, roasted potatoes w/cheese and small salad
Stir fry vegs & Spam chunks over rice
Fish sandwich and salad
What have you all been up to? Do you have all your gifts and shopping done? I know many of you do! Smart ladies! Decorations (if doing) up?
What kinds of deals did you all find this week at the grocery or anywhere for that matter?
Love hearing about your weeks! Debby you have been quiet lately!!!!! Hope all is OK.
I hope you all stay well and safe and healthy in this coming week. Stay warm up north! You gals have had some snow and cold!!!! Travel mercies for anyone traveling.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wonderful works to the sons of men! For he satisfies him who is thirsty, and the hungry he fills with good things.
Dear Lord, we thank You for all our gifts each day. We are so blessed in every way, and we are thankful. Please be with those who are homeless or having troubles in this year. Help us each to reach out in some way to help another. May all have a warm bed, and a belly filled this week. Amen