We have had extreme heat, yet lots of rain this week. The combination is making the garden plants explode! They are all getting so big. I have tiny jalapenos, zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes! I am anxiously awaiting the day I get to pick some!
It SMELLS so good outside. Clover is growing every where, and that sweet smell just permeates the air. It is such a heavenly smell!
We had visitors this week in state from Colorado. My former bosses, turned really great friends, were in town. They stopped by and we had a fantastic visit. It was so nice seeing them in person again - we see each other on FB, but that isn't the same.
I had lunch with other old friends on Tuesday. We hadn't seen each other in probably 33 -34 years. We caught up over lunch (their treat). It seemed like just yesterday that we had talked.
- Visiting with old friends - PRICELESS
- I started 3 - 1/2 pint jars of peppermint extract (fresh peppermint and vodka)
- Started one 1/2 pint jar of lemon extract (using lemon balm)
- Made a pint of mint/lavender infused water to spray in greenhouse to keep fleas away
- Have been spreading coffee grounds around plants that are in pots (good deterrent for crawly bugs)
- Picked a plastic grocery bag of lettuce and several green onions
- Rain barrels are full again. Didn't have to water at all this week due to rain!
- Dusted broccoli and cabbage with diatomaceous earth (saw some worms munching on leaves)
- Watched some of a marathon of "How the Earth Will End". Encourages me to work harder on my pantry. I think we have the potential of going through a bunch of cr*p before that happens.
- Had a home doctor visit. Hubs is great.
- Found 2 volunteer petunias growing and blooming
- Picked a pretty bouquet
- Stopped at Dollar Tree and bought 6 more cans asparagus (3/2020), 4 cans of peach pie filling and 2 - 28 oz. cans of baked beans to add to the pantry
- Make a quart of clover infused water, which I will be making clover jelly with
- Stopped at Kroger to check out clearance (I didn't go last week ). I got 6 bags of Wacky Mac - vegetable pasta for .45 each. 8 - 6 packs of jumbo franks (for cutting and BBQ at holidays) for .39 pack!!!!!!! 2 - 64 oz. bottles of cranberry juice .99 each.
Click on pictures to enlarge
- I made 2 quiches. Used leftovers in frig to throw in them. Good eating!
Meals this week:
Italian baked pasta casserole & salad (2X)
Mac and cheese with smoky links added and salad
Burgers with onion & mushrooms and ravioli
Garlic bread pizza (homemade)
Quiche with toast and side salad
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? DID YOU FIND ANY GREAT DEALS? HOW ARE YOU SAVING MONEY?
I send out prayers for each of you that your lives and your families are safe and healthy this coming week.
Also extra prayers for those in London and China. I always pray for our country and world, but there has been so much sadness this week.