We had lovely weather most of the week, although the past couple days have turned fairly hot! I have had to turn on the AC the past couple days. Next week should be about perfect according to the forecast. YAY
I was hoping to find some garage sales on the day (Friday) that I ran errands - but noooooo, there just wasn't any. I found a couple that are those perpetual every weekend, every summer sales - so I didn't stop at them. I haven't been to a yard sale yet this year. I don't understand, there are usually tons of them this time of the year, and Fridays and Saturdays are prime days here.
I went to dinner at my sister's on Sunday, and my brother and his wife were there as well. Sis gave me 3 more pieces of Mom's costume jewelry (that's basically all Mom had).
No they aren't worth a monetary cent, but they are priceless to me. I will wear them and enjoy them. I love them on blazers and sweater in the winter.
My frugal week:
- Sister sent home lots of leftovers - which we enjoyed at a few meals
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair at home with supplies on hand
- Did a ton of yard work - great free exercise
- Got to have windows open a big part of the week
- Laundry line dried
- Made a dozen hard boiled eggs
- Brother gave me 2 quarts of homemade tomato juice - YUM
- Used vinegar on weeds
- Watered with rain water from barrels - the garden plants are really growing!
- Picked lettuce, chives and green onions!!!
- I washed down the back side of the house (north side). After such a wet winter, it was developing a lot of green mossy looking stuff (as is everyone's in the neighborhood). I used Dawn, vinegar and water with a nylon scrubby - and it is now nice and white again!! Next week the north side of garage!
- Went to the library
- Cleaned out the greenhouse/cat house well. I also laid another rug on the floor (to keep kitties warmer in winter) that had formally been on the front porch. I washed the remainder of the bedding - so it is all fresh and clean. Sprayed down with mint/lavender spray I made last year (keeps away fleas).
- Washed and kept a couple zip lock bags and a cereal bag for the wax paper
- Made a bunch of mini meatloaves (muffin pan size). Used for meal, made spaghetti with a few, and froze the rest.
- I took more donations to the church thrift store. I purchased a vegetable noodle maker, a Coca Cola bowl, another (super heavy duty) grill pan all for $8. I got a box of croissants for FREE (was supposed to have 20 - but had 22). Bakery items are always free.
- I made 14 sausage/egg croissants for breakfast meals. Froze several. I still have 8 croissants bagged in frig to make more. They are so tasty - G was happy!!!!
- I did stop at Kroger to check clearance. I got 6 jars of peanut butter (11/2018) on clearance for .89 each. I was getting low, so this was a blessing to find. I bought all they had.
G didn't feel the greatest for a couple days, so meals at the end of the week was just whatever. He wasn't real hungry. He is better now.
Meals this week:
Dinner at sisters
Homemade mini meat loaf, corn and slaw
Spaghetti (with cut up meat loaf) and side salad
Chicken strips and fresh veggies
2 meals of leftovers and whatever!
Had cake with fresh fruit, sherbet, pickles and pickled veg mix for snacks
I really didn't think I accomplished a lot this week, but it appears I did ok! I worked on the blanket some more and plan to finish it up today. I will be glad when it is done!!!
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? WHAT DID YOU ACCOMPLISH OR SAVE ON?
Did you keep you frugal going? LOL
My friends, please say an extra prayer for the people of our world! There is so much hate and evil happening. It is just heart breaking
I hope you all have a lovely upcoming week. Please stay healthy and be safe.
BLESSINGS TO ALL