There is so much sadness from nature happening now - it can be over whelming. My thoughts and prayers are with all those in the path of hurricane Irma, those affected by Harvey, those in fire areas, and those affected my earthquakes. So sad.
This just reinforces in my head more reasons to have stockpiles and to be prepared for anything.
We have had great weather this week. Monday as really hot and we did need the AC, but after that it cooled a lot. Nights have actually been in the 40's and 50's! I love this kind of weather.
The garden is still producing on it's second go round.
I got to go to an event last evening, that was a reunion from the grade school I went to. It was all inclusive of every year in existence (it's been gone since 1980). It was a great time. I got to see so many old classmates and teachers and had dinner with people that I have now been friends with for about 56 years! Many of us met in first grade, then went on to high school together - and many have stayed close all these years (although we don't see each other often). It was a priceless experience.
My frugal week:
- Worked on the big flower garden out back - cleaning and pulling stuff. What a mess! All the rain and heat this summer took a toll - weeds galore
- Line dried a ton of laundry
- Been harvesting and eating more garden produce.
- Picked what is probably the last of the grapes - got several pounds again
- Put up the fall door decorations and a couple things in the house. Using what I have.
- Colored my hair at home
- Gave myself a nice mani and pedi - complete with polish! I hardly ever polish any more.
- My printer decided not to feed paper - so I problem solved and cleaned and adjusted and now it works great.
- Started working on fall cleaning and more purging of stuff (it never ends - too much stuff!)
- Restocking upstairs pantry from supplies on hand
- Went to the library
- All the normal weekly stuff - making tea, filtering water, saving cereal wax bag, washing baggies, eating all leftovers, etc.
- While out to the library - I decided to go to a Kroger I rarely visit (not the best area). I got a deal on chunked pears - 12 cans at .22 can and mixed veggies - 12 cans at .31 cans (all they had of both). Both are dated 9/2019. I don't usually buy mixed veggies (not my fav) but who the heck knows what could possibly happen in the next 2 years! They may be very valuable to us! They will be used!
Meals this week:
Zucchini/corn casserole and fresh chunk veggies in Italian dressing
Jazzed up leftover casserole and salad
Cube steaks, mac n cheese and sliced tomatoes
Cold cut/cheese/tomato sandwiches and chips
Night out for me and G ate last of chili
Had yogurt, apples, nuts, and ice cream for snacks
It has really been a quiet and uneventful week here. I kind of like it like that! NO drama.
I stayed home biggest part of the week, just tinkering around here.
If you didn't get a chance to read Thursday's post, you might want to check it out. I listed some fun recipes that you might enjoy!
I have been waking up each morning and laying my head down each night - being so thankful for the life we have. So many are battling nature and loss right now - I just can't see myself being ungrateful about anything. Nothing we are experiencing can compare.
We are so extremely blessed!
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? ANY GREAT BARGAINS?
I pray you all have a safe, healthy and frugal week.
Blessings from our home to yours.