It seems one weekend is just the same as another in my world. Three day weekends happen every week now that we are retired! LOL
This past week, we got to keep the AC often off more than on - although we did have a couple days it was truly needed. Friday we never got out of the 60's and tomorrow it is supposed to reach 90*. We have a storm coming in tomorrow night, and then the temps are supposed to mellow out back into the low 70's all week.
My frugal week:
- Made a loaf of beer bread - it was quite good
- Cleaned out the frig again and consolidated bottles and jars of stuff
- Harvesting and eating garden produce - picked zucchini, bell peppers, jalapenos, cabbage, tomatoes, and broccoli
- Prepared 8 pints of kraut to ferment
- Worked on receipts for the month. I managed to average $25 week on groceries for August - not to shaggy
- Stopped and filled up the tank with gas, as prices had already gone up.25/gallon. I had used less than 1/2 tank in August - but I wanted to fill up just in case. Got to save .20/gallon with my discount
- Picked more grapes
- Organized the pantry AGAIN and worked on the over flow downstairs. It gets so messy, so easily (I guess I need to work neater on a daily basis!)
- Froze the balance of the stew I made on Sunday - (I see a big potpie in the future)
- Ground herbs I dried last week
- Dehydrated cabbage leaves and broccoli stems/leaves
- Been working on a list for Sam's - keep putting that trip off!
- Used all leftovers for breakfasts or lunches
- Cut G's and my hair
- Stopped at Christian thrift store not realizing they were having a 75% off sale. Most things are a $1 everyday any way! I got a sturdy wooden rack and 3 metals storage trays for $1 TOTAL. (They are making room for lots of new stock)
- Stopped at Kroger to look at markdowns. Got 9 cans of chopped peaches for .22 can! Also got 10 cans (6.5 oz.) of mushroom stems/pieces for .39 ea. YAY FOR ME!
Meals this week:
Stew 2X - with beer bread
Dirty rice mixed with sausage and zucchini
BBQ wings, steamed broccoli and sliced tomatoes
Salad and beef stick/cheese with crackers
Smoked sausage/cabbage and fried smashed potatoes
It was kind of a quiet week, but in my mind those are the best kind.
It still absolutely amazes me how awesome it is to walk out in the yard and PICK groceries. I have been around gardens my whole life, but I am still amazed by that. God is so good!
How was your week? What did you do to stay frugal?
Thank you for visiting this week and thank you for all the kind comments I received on posts. I have a great group of gals/guys following this humble little blog.
May your upcoming week be blessed in every way.
Stay healthy, safe, strong, and frugal dear friends. God bless and keep you in His protective arms.