I hope everyone that had to, changed their clocks last night. UGH I get so tired of doing that. Daylight savings time is fine - now lets leave it be. I thoroughly enjoy daylight later in the evenings, (as I am sure farmers do) but I hate it when it changes back in the fall. This is 100 years of doing this - I would think we could stop it now!!!
We have had very chilly to cold weather this past week. We woke to some snow Thursday, but it was gone by the end of the day. We should be back to some spring like temps by the end of this coming week.
Out winter hasn't been that bad - I didn't even get out the snow blower. I haven't had to use it for 3 years now! YAY
Prayers for all those having such bad weather. Stay safe.
My week has been relatively quiet and lazy!! I just didn't do a whole lot. I bad!
My frugal week:
- I did color my hair. I used dye that I got on clearance and will get 2 more dye jobs out of the box - thus a hair coloring cost me .53!!!!!!
- Got peaches out of freezer for some sweet snacks. We like them when they are about 2/3's thawed - still a little crusty and cold!
- I have done a lot of reading this week
- Started watching a little series on Netflix called Money for Nothing. I think it is British by the accents and monetary denominations. It's about making and selling items from trash. A gal meets people at the dump, take things and up-cycles & sales, then returns the money to the original folks. Kind of interesting.
- Made dip
- Made 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies from dough I have in freezer
- Worked on last months receipts
- I needed to get out - so I did run to Kroger. I got 3 of the .99 produce bags - 1 with 3 huge bells peppers, 1 - 4 large apples, and 1 - with about a quart of cherry tomatoes. I also got us 2 bags of clearance chips for .64 each. That is all the human food I bought (all month so far).
- I got 5 bags (all they had) of cat treats for $2 a bag. These are the bigger bags (they usually run close to $4 or more) - my kitties will love me.
- I then decided I would stop by the Christian thrift store, as I hadn't been in a while. IT WAS CLOSED DOWN! Oh no. There is another location, but it is farther south from us. It saddens me, as they helped so many hungry and homeless people in the area.
- Meals from home.
- All usual stuff - making tea, drinking water, laundry in cold, etc. Still working on cleaning and organizing.
Meals this past week:
Tuna casserole and homemade slaw
Tuna casserole with added cheese and cheesy dried onions and asparagus
Salisbury steak, mac n cheese and green beans
Baked potatoes topped with chili, cheese & sour cream
Teriyaki Chicken and veggies over rice
Mexican Frito pie
See - not a lot going on here. Just hanging out and waiting for warmer weather. I am so chomping at the bit to get outside and work.
I even went out the morning (it's in the 30's) and walked the alley, picking up blown trash. I just need to be outside working!
What is going on in your world? Has anyone found any super sales? Any great adds to the pantries?
Any crafting going on?
Please feel free to share - we all live vicariously through one another!!!!! LOL
Prayers for safety and health in the coming week. I look forward to hearing from you.