We have had really chilly weather. Today will be the best of the past 7 days and the upcoming 7 days!
I am so ready to work outside. I think that is why I feel so lazy and just have no energy for much. I haven't yet adjusted to daylight savings time - my clock is still wonky. Isn't that crazy? One hour shouldn't make a difference - but it does (at least for me).
I ran out on Friday, and while on my journey, I drove past a house I have always LOVED! It is a log home, and that is just not common here. We are city outer limits/suburbs, so you don't see log homes any where. Behold they were having a moving sale! I stopped. Talking with an elderly lady who was working sale (she wasn't homeowner). It was very windy and cold and she said she needed to go warm up - "would I like to see the inside?" YEEEEESSSSSSS! Oh my - never did I imagine that!
It was sooooooo cool. She had some of the neatest items in there. I just stood there in awe. It is already sold, or I would have inquired.
It wasn't huge, just 2 bedrooms, open floor plan, attached garage in back, a barn and lots of land. It is right across from the orchard I go as well (that wouldn't hurt - LOL) A front porch all the way across the front with rocking chairs. Siiiiigggghhhhh! Oh well.
It sure made my week! It doesn't take much to make me happy!!!!!!
My allergies have already started acting up - UGH! It's getting to be that time of the year.
My frugal week:
- Made coco-wheats for G for a couple breakfast meals. I added chocolate/peanut butter powder and he loved them
- Found a .39 pack of clearance buns in the freezer and thawed. Used part for sandwiches and the rest for garlic toast
- Kept another peanut butter jar lid for dry storage
- I am actually starting to get some room in the freezers again! This not buying anything is really helping me motivate on that count. I am using more of what we have - I really needed to start rotating stock.
- Made dip again
- Got a corned beef brisket out of freezer for St. Patrick's day. Cooked in crockpot over night
- Only left the house 1 day - really saving on gas.
- I went to feed store on Friday to get corn AGAIN for squirrels
- Stopped at Kroger on the way to feed store. Only go to that Kroger when heading to feed store - as it's further away.
- I got 4 packages of ground pork (each package around 1 lb. each) for less than a $1 each! We love making 'burgers' out of it - tastes like pork chops!
- I also got 3 more 6 oz. packages of kitty treats (like I got last week), only these were cheaper at $1.22 each. Then there was Kroger brand canned cat food (one type) for .10 can! My kitties don't like it, but the odd strays that show up do (as does the possum). I bought 20 cans - all they had.
- Still working on spring cleaning - but as we know, cleaning never ends!
- I did get 3 dozen canning jars (24quart & 12 pints) at the moving sale for a total of $5! I bought 2 dozen and they threw in the 3rd dozen. WOOHOO
- All the normal things we do each day that are frugal!
Meals this past week:
Smoked jalapeno sausage sandwiches & chips and dip
Chicken strips and cheesy/broccoli rice
Spaghetti & meatballs and garlic toast
Super cheesy baked spaghetti & salad (used leftover over spaghetti for this)
Beef & rice and side salad
Pork burgers and leftovers
Homemade Reuben sandwiches & pickles (home canned - as was kraut)
G has decided it is time to lose weight again. He lost so much a few years back, and slowly we have gotten back into our old ways. This week I will be working on portion control again, and doing a lot more veggies. We don't DIET here - we just change up our eating habits!
I also plan on dehydrating the green beans that are in the freezer. It will clean out that portion of the freezer and I will have room for new summer veggies/goodies when the time gets here.
That's about all that has been on my plate this week. How was your week?
Any good finds? Any frugal ideas to share?
I hope you all have a safe , healthy and frugal week! May God bless each of you.
Good wishes from our humble home to yours!