I awoke this morning, and the longer I laid there - the darker it got outside! OOPS - made it out in time to feed the outdoor kitties in the greenhouse before it started pouring rain. We sure do need the rain - our grass is getting so brown. We are supposed to have rain/storms off and on all day and most of the week.
We had a great first part of the week - with wonderfully mild temps and low humidity. It sure gave me huge opportunity to get much done outside. I LOVED IT!
We are back to hot now - and will remain so for the next week. Upper 80's will be normal.
We have had a new bird to our feeders and birdbath. It appears to be a gray cat bird. It is really neat looking - it has a very different beak from all the other birds. We have such a neat variety of birds!
The garden is really growing with this heat. I can't believe how big everything is getting. Hopefully God will keep it watered this week, and I won't have to! His water is always better!!!!
My frugal week:
- Spent a good 3 - 4 days working in the yard all day. FREE exercise and it looks good too!
- NO A/C for 3 days - got to air out the house.
- Line dried laundry
- Made a batch of dip
- Had our A/C checked this week and all is in good order
- Brother gave me an eggplant plant. We aren't eggplant people - but sis in law has some good sounding recipes - so we will give it a try! Got that planted.
- I finally made my round of stores south of us this week. I always hit them all up - since they are so close to each other and it saves gas.
- Rural King - did a huge stock up of canned cat food (10 cases). They have the best prices in town. Gallons of white vinegar for 1.97 each (4). TP - 12 packs of dbl. rolls on sale 3.99 (3). Got a 50 lb. bag of black oil sunflowers seeds for squirrels/birds on sale for 10.99.
- BB & B - got a refill on carbonator for the Soda Stream. Turned another in for a deposit.
- Office Depot - got ink for printer - good for the remainder of the year.
- Another day I stopped in Kroger to check clearance. I got 3 - 15 oz. Suave men's body wash for .99 each (will be gifts in baskets) and Stevia tablets and drops for $1 each (reg. 3.59 ea.) - great to have for a back-up.
- Been working on my 15 minute chores off and on during the hottest days. Little chores inside make a difference. I seem to get more done that way!
- Did some re-organizing of things in the kitchen
- Friday I went to the neighborhood garage sales up by our park. It is such a lovely historic area. I probably walked to about 25-30 sales - but only purchased at 3. RESTRAINT! I did have loads of fun and good conversation - so a lot of free entertainment!
These 2 books were FREE! Gooseberry Patch are my favorite cookbooks and gotta love Chip & Joanna!
I fell in love with the old blue cabinet - I paid $10 (was asking more). Another apple peeler - $3 (brand new). It seems they last me a couple years then break - so I never pay much. This has suction for the counter top.
Rain barrel - $5!!!!!!!! I need to raise it up so the spout is easy access - but I couldn't pass up at that crazy cheap price! It is 50 gallon.
Cabinet now in use in the kitchen!
Meals this past week: (we were in a sandwich mood some this week!)
Cold cuts and chips/dip & fruit smoothies
Chicken/rice burritos - loaded (used Mex. chicken rice from freezer leftovers)
Hamburger hash, garlic toast and fresh veggies
Tuna patties, mac-n-cheese, and salad
Smoked cheesy sausages on buns with chips
Ham & cheese sandwiches and pickled veggies
Red beans/rice with sausage and side salad
I had a pretty darn good week. I feel like I accomplished a lot outside, got some good deals, and had fun. It doesn't get much better than that!!!
I plan on getting some indoor projects done this week - since it will be hot and rainy much of the week. The pantry is in dire need of straightening again (the gremlins don't you know? LOL)
I need to do mending and sewing. I need to cut G's and my hair - so we look civilized again!
So hopefully I can get a few things accomplished this week.
How was your week?
Did you get any good deals?
I see from some of the blogs I follow (on my blog roll) many went to garage sales as well!
Take care friends and may you be blessed beyond measure in the coming week. I look forward to hearing from you. Stay safe and healthy!
Blessings from our humble home to yours!