Hope you are all doing well.
It has been a scorcher around here this week. It's been really, really hot and humid! Didn't get a ton done outside - just too hot. We did get a little rain - which is so needed. Could definitely use more.
I feel so sorry for those living is south eastern states - they are getting TOO much rain and flooding. It's horrible!
We had the craziest winds on Wednesday. I went out 4X and picked up limbs and sticks. It sure did clean out the trees!
We ended the month with it being the hottest May on record! One of the driest too! May should be our rainy month.
This week temps should maintain in the lower 80's and less humidity. YAY! Pollen is very high and my allergies are raging. Such is life - I'll take it over snow/ice!
The garden has really grown a lot in the past week and a half. It is amazing what the heated soil and a little rain can do. I actually have a few buds on the tomatoes and peppers and the starts of buds on that volunteer squash - that thing is huge!
My frugal week:
- Line dried ALL the laundry
- Saved all the juices from the watermelon and froze. We like to add it to tea or to add to homemade jellies
- Made peach/pecan ice milk from peaches that needed used. It made a quart and it was yummy (a little left). May make more this week
- Made a batch of strawberry/yogurt frozen treat. Mixed fresh strawberries, yogurt, a little sweetener and a little milk - poured into ice cube trays. A lovely cold treat!
- Did accomplish SOME weeding this week
- Did lots of cleaning inside since it was so hot outdoors
- Replenished cabinets from downstairs pantry. Brought up teabags, coffee, pasta, dressing, sugar, flour, TP, sweetener, and spices. It's nice to walk downstairs and SHOP! Filled up all the jars upstairs again.
- Did run out and filled the gas tank on Blazer (it had been almost 2 months) and filled the gas can for mower (hadn't filled since mid summer '17). saved .30/gal.
- Doing all the regular stuff around here - there are so many frugal things we ALL do - that it's just daily stuff!
- Stopped at Kroger when out, just to look. I got 4 boxes of wide mouth lids and bands in blue on clearance for 1.49 each (all they had) and a .99/bag of huge bell peppers. That was it!
Meals this week were pretty simple:
Poor man Swiss steak, garlic/ranch mashed potatoes and salad
Breakfast - sausage gravy/toast & scrambled eggs
Pasta/veggie salad (tons of veggies)
Leftover pasta salad and cold sandwiches
We enjoyed watermelon, strawberry/rhubarb pie (made last weekend) fresh peaches and strawberries, and homemade ice milk and yogurt this week for snacks.
Not real exciting, just plugging away every day.
How was your week?
Any frugal finds?
How are the gardens doing?
Stop by and say hello!!!!!
May you all be blessed and protected by the Lord this week.
Prayers for all the farmers, that their fields thrive and produce. Prayers for safety to all those in the flooded south and for those facing other natural disasters around the globe.
Blessings from our humble home to yours!