Leaves are finally starting to change color. The horizon looks very pretty. I drove past the park this week and there were many varieties of trees changing color. It is getting pretty - if only for a short while. Temps have stayed in the 50's this week. We have had rain off and on. Daylight hours are getting shorter and shorter and then we have daylight savings time to deal with next weekend - YAY (no one ever said)! UGH - I just hate the fall time change more than any. It seems it is always dark.
This past week wasn't my most frugal week ever, but a lot of things just HAD to be done. I guess that is why we are frugal most of the time, it doesn't hurt so bad when you need to spend!
My frugal week:
- Line dried a few things and hung the heavier stuff in the basement to dry. Only used drier to fluff
- Processed my home canned kraut
- Had to make a run to the Vet for flea meds for kitties
- Topped gas tank and got a .10/gallon discount. Didn't spend much last month at the store - so few points. BUT all savings add up!
- Received a $150 check from bank points we had earned. That will go for Christmas funds
- Got a $20 refund from utility company
- Stopped at a new branch of the church thrift store (real close by). It is small and crowded - but the ONLY thrift store in that community.
- Got FREE bread at the thrift store
- I also found a Vera Bradley handbag unlike any I have or have seen - it was .99!!!!!!!
All clothes, shoes, and handbags are .99 each at this thrift store
- I had to go renew driver's license. I am still wearing older glasses (I haven't gone to eye doc yet since breaking mine) - and I aced the eye test! I now have a picture that looks like a mug shot!!! LOL
- I got the oil changed and the Blazer checked out
- Ran to the bank and cashed those refund checks (I did all my errands together - all in same area)
- Ran into Ollie's. I shouldn't have done that!!!!! LOL. They have such cheap books and I can NOT just say NO!
- I organized my gift storage tote. I needed to see exactly what I had - so now it is all organized
- I de-cluttered some more in the basement and did some straightening (Rainy days are good for this)
- Reorganized many of my home canned goods downstairs
- Have another box ready for donation
- Had our fall furnace check done - no cost this time (we pay once a year for maintenance)
- Made 2 pints of beautiful chicken stock for the freezer from bones left from a whole fried chicken
- Found a surprise outside even after the cold temps. Got a sweet little bouquet that I have been enjoying and OH the smell is so sweet!
Meals this past week:
Chicken/rice/broccoli casserole & salad
Homemade fried rice and veggie lo-mein
Stew and bread/butter 2X
Ham & beans and cornbread
Fried chicken and salad
Taco Bell (my birthday choice)
Leftovers been used for lunches. Have beans left and they will be used for a couple different meals and then go in freezer.
I spent money, got money, and got some deals. I guess not a bad week when you stand back and look at it.
I have a list of things I want to accomplish this week. I will give it the good old college try! It seems time is slipping by so quickly.
How was your week? Did you find any great deals? Do anything frugal? Let us know.
I love hearing from everyone.
Prayers for each and everyone of you. Be sweet and kind, keep your heart pure, and help one another. Stay frugal my friends.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.