Here in the U.S. it is fall - the beginning of the end to many activities and to gardens and flowers.
In the southern hemisphere - it is spring and time for the reawakening of the earth.
It is amazing to me that things can be so different on any given day, just depending on where you live.
God is awesome. Yes indeed, there is a time and a season for everything.
LESS than 3 months till Christmas!!!!!! Oh my. I hope everyone has a good start on their gifts and/or ideas - or perhaps you are done!
The weather is changing for sure. The first week of fall sure felt like fall! The first week of October is a different story. It is back into the 80's this week. We do have some leaves falling - but it has nothing to do with frost/freeze that generally make the leaves change color & give us so much beauty. Peak times for color around here is still a few weeks away.
Fall festivals/holiday craft shows are starting all over the place. I imagine that farm markets will be ending this month as well.
People are really gearing up and thinking about the holidays.
Kiddies will become ghouls and goblins this month.
It is becoming time for hearty comfort foods to come back on the menu. That is one thing I look forward to.
Apples, pumpkins, squash, cider - YUM!
Beginnings and endings - that is October.
Me and my home:
- I WILL finally get around to making jelly from all the frozen fruit I have. Much will become gifts.
- I WILL start working on sewing and mending - the pile is still waiting.
- I WILL (and have started) work on getting rid of more stuff I do not need, want, or can use. Today a bunch of stuff went into the trash/recycle bin for pickup - don't know why it was even laying around. I have several boxes of stuff for donation ready.
- I WILL enjoy all the fresh air and sunshine I possibly can
- I WILL continue to fall clean
- I WILL start working on sprucing up the bathroom
- I WILL work on pulling the garden and doing more yard work
- I WILL TRY to get started on some special gift projects that I want to give this year
- I WILL strive to save money where I can and continue to build my panty. I am always looking for new ideas for building pantry.
I hope my head and my body WILL work together this month! So often I have plans out the wazoo, but I just get in a funk mood and don't do them. I pray for the strength to stay focused and get my plans done! Will definitely incorporate the '15 minute plan' this month. I always get more done that way!
What does your October look like?
What do you have planned for this month?
What ways will you incorporate in your life to stay calm and simple and frugal?
Do you have any traditions or special events you do in October?
I bet we can all use some new ideas.