Today the skies are clearing and the temperatures are going back in the right direction! We had rain for 3 straight days and crazy winds and cooler temps. Woke to fog this morning, but sun is shining now and we should get to about 70* today.
The world is most definitely coming back to life. Trees are leafing and flowers are popping up, All is green and looking lush.
I guess it is a good reminder of how quick things can happen.
My frugal week:
- Renewed library books on-line
- Refilling pantry jars from home stock
- Working on baby quilt
- Got to air house and have no heat several days first of week
- Took a big bag and a box of goods to the Christian thrift store
- Received 2 - 8 count bags of hoagie buns from the thrift store for FREE. Will repackage and freeze
- I went out bargain shopping on Monday. MEIJER - got a 20 lb. Honeysuckle White turkey for .49/lb. (limit 1). Also a whole boneless ham for 1.99/lb. (10 lbs.). I will slice and freeze in various size packages. I can't buy deli ham that cheap (no way close).
- Ran across the street from there to MENARD'S and purchased 24 cans of diced potatoes and 48 cans of tomato sauce. .49/can with a .40 per can rebate!!!!!!!! Final cost will be 9 cents per can!!!!!! WOOHOO - I have already sent in rebate. What a deal.
- I was gifted a cook book of soups and stews - so many yummy looking recipes. I can't wait to try some of them.
- Doing all the regular stuff - laundry cold, making tea, eating from home and scratch, recycling what I can and just staying home!
Meals this past week:
Homemade white chicken/bacon pizza
Cube steak, mashed potatoes & steamed asparagus
Chili/cheese dogs and fries
Pork pieces with sautéed veggies over rice
Spaghetti with meat sauce (used veggie rotini instead of spaghetti)
Homemade sausage/egg/cheese/tomato McMuffins - Yum!!!
How was your week? Did you get any good deals or recycle anything?
Anyone still de-cluttering? It is an ongoing project here!
I hope you all have a glorious Easter with your families. Prayers that your week be healthy and happy and frugal. I hope that each of us do a little to help our yards, neighborhood, community, or towns in this Earth week! May we each work at it everyday.
Blessings from our humble homes to yours.