We have had another cornucopia of weather this week. Normal 50's, rain, wind, cold, freezing, you name it. They predicted snow yesterday, but that didn't happen. We had a rainy and windy day and it was cold, but it all ended before the temps dipped into the snow range!
There have been so many birds and squirrels - little buggers sure are hungry! The bird songs have been glorious. Some time each day, I just stand there and listen - so many pretty songs.
It's been a week for family. My brother, niece and nephew-in-law all had surgeries within 2 days. My brother had ear surgery and they rebuilt his ear drum (that is amazing), my niece had surgery on the veins in her leg, and her husband had stints put in. All are doing well as of today!!!!! God is good.
Talked with brother and sister about Thanksgiving and Christmas plans.
Been working on getting my holiday list all finalized. Talked to several grown nieces and nephews about their kids. All the kids are becoming teens - and are getting hard to buy for. Got some ideas. So making my list and checking it twice!
- I raked and swept leaves 2 more times this week and this morning the yard is full again! The maple tree is slowing letting go of it's dressings!
Heavy, heavy frost this morning on the leaves in the garden. It truly was a pretty sight. The picture doesn't do it justice.
- I received a $5/$30 coupon for Aldi
- Ran to Aldi, Kroger, and Big Lots. Aldi I used the coupon to get an assortment of different and fun things for the Christmas baskets.
- At Kroger I got a couple more items that I needed to complete more jar recipes. I also got myself some mandarins. 3 lbs./2.49. Tasty little things. I also found 2 boxes of roasted soy nuts on clearance. They make such a crunchy, tasty and healthy snack.
- Big Lots - to look for gift ideas. OK - I found them!!!!!!! Filled raspberry candies! $2.25/bag. I got 2 bags - because I wasn't sure if they would be what I remembered. THEY WERE. I will be getting more. They also had variety bags of filled hard candies and just the plain Christmas hard candies (no filling) - all for 2.25!
- I trimmed my hair
- Made several egg rolls and froze a few for another day
- Put up one new set of mini blinds (I had on hand - my windows are all the same size and I always keep a couple new sets just in case)
- Started soaking and washing other mini blinds. My goodness those things get dirty! Dusting them just doesn't do the job in my opinion. I have a couple more sets to do.
- I took everything down in the bathroom and finally got to painting. I have the primer on and some of the painting done. I plan to finish the 'paint' part today. So much to do!!!!
- I refinished the stand alone wooden cabinet in the bathroom
- Put up a little ceramic Christmas tree
- Eating from home, making tea, cooking from scratch, deep cleaning and working on some holiday projects - just all the normal stuff
My meals this past week:
Sauteed zucchini/mushrooms over rice and topped with cheese
Veggie egg rolls (homemade)
Open face cheeseburger, sliced tomatoes and slaw (still eating garden tomatoes!)
Can of Chunky fajita chicken soup with cheese added and tortilla chips instead of crackers
Ham/cream cheese/olive/tomato roll-up
Beef/veggie stir fry served over Frito's topped with cheese (don't judge me!!!!!! LOL)
How was your week? Are you ready for Thanksgiving? All the goodies purchased or are your using what you have? I may get out a turkey breast to fix the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love me some turkey leftovers!
It is doubtful that I will do any 'Black Friday' shopping. Just too many people to contend with. Not buying a lot of 'things' any how. My gifts will be goody baskets, gift cards and money. Better to stay home and save money!
I do plan on going to another craft bazaar the Saturday after Thanksgiving - it's at a local high school. Basically, because it is something different to do!!
What have you got planned this week?
I plan on finishing my painting and more deep cleaning!
I hope you continue to check in this week. My days of posting may be different, because of the holiday - but I will be posting. If you are busy all week and don't get back here - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I pray for your health and safety. Wishing you all a lovely and productive week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.