I hope you all remembered the stupid time change!!!! Yes, that is how I feel. They need to just leave it alone. They say "oh, you get an extra hour of sleep". Obviously they have never owned any kind of animal. They don't care what the clock says - they want to eat at 'eating time'!!!
We have had quite a weather week. Cold, sun, wind, rain, snow - you name it. Halloween was miserable all day and all night. That was our first snow of the season. It didn't last, but it was nasty. We have had our first hard freeze as well (woke to that Nov. 1).
Friday the leaves were falling from the tulip poplar tree like rain drops or snowflakes. Constant dropping all day! It was kind of pretty. The maple tree hasn't lost much yet. That cold snap did make the colors change drastically on the trees that were still green.
- I FINALLY got all the stuff at the bank taken care of - 3rd time was a charm. One more thing off the to-do list
- I made a run to the feed store - and got stocked up pretty darn good. I discovered a good use for the non-working chest freezer in the garage. It is a great mouse proof storage area for bags of seed!
- I received a lovely bouquet of fall colored flowers last Sunday from my brother and SIL for my birthday. So sweet. They are just as pretty today as they were last Sunday.
- I ran into Lowes the day I went to the bank and returned all the extras that were purchased for 'in case' while doing the plumbing in bathroom. Received a credit of $46.
- Laundered all the bedding and added a thinner 'grandma' made quilt under the comforter. I keep the house pretty chilly at night (I get so hot at night) and the quilt is almost too much. I don't want to be HOT at night. The quilt is actually thinner than any blanket I have, so I will leave it on.
- Got all the water bowls set up with electric to keep them from freezing for all the animals.
- Added extra blankies to kitty beds (in greenhouse) and set up heating mat (they love it)
- I got taken out 2 more times for meals. Wednesday friends from over 40+ years took me out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Thursday relatives took me to Taco Bell (my choice).
- Pulled out the plants in the actual garden plot and removed cages. Now it is ready for added leaves as I gather them.
- I did run to Kroger on Friday - they had 3X gas points on meat, fresh produce, floral, and seafood. I got some salad fixings, 3 bags of 1/2 off candy (thought for holiday - but it won't make it that long!). Found 18 oz. jar candles B1G1 (5.99/2) . They smell heavenly. I may go get more for that price before sale ends. I got 2 boxes of 10 each - hot chocolate mix on clearance for .79 each. Those will work in my cups being filled for gifts. My DEAL was 12 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breasts for about $11!!!!!!! It was a markdown and will last me all winter. WOOHOO! What a deal. (about .91/lb.)
- I am still eating tomatoes I grew. I will probably have enough to last for a couple/three weeks yet.
My menu this past week:
Egg rolls (homemade)
Potato soup (from freezer) and grilled ham/cheese sandwich
Lasagna (taken out)
Nachos Supreme (taken out)
Bacon/Swiss burger and small salad
Turkey cakes and small salad
TURKEY CAKES: I used a box of cornbread style Stove Top stuffing mix, 1 C HOT water, 3 eggs, and 2 C shredded turkey (I found in freezer). Add water to stuffing mix to dampen - let it set 5 minutes. Add beaten eggs and meat (you could use less meat). Mix well and fry about 5 minutes on each side. I used my non-stick griddle to avoid grease.
OH MY GOODNESS, they were yummy. The recipe on the package called for 12 oz. crab meat (I will do that another time). It said it makes 6 cakes - I got 8.
This would be a fantastic idea for leftovers at Thanksgiving (just add eggs). You could also use diced ham instead of crab or turkey.
Meat, bread, eggs and veggies in salad - pretty well rounded dinner. I have plenty left too! (going to freeze them)
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Are you getting all stocked up for the winter and holidays? Hopefully baking and poultry & ham deals will be starting soon. Take advantage while you can.
I sure envy those in the southern hemisphere on the mornings where the temps are in the 20's here. Good grief, I am over it already, and I have a whole winter to go!!!! LOLIt would be nice if the temperature just kind of mellowed and didn't get so nasty. Oh well, such is life in Indiana.
I pray for you and your families that you may stay safe and healthy. I hope you have many good deals and blessings this week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.