Again this week we had the whole gamut of weather. Warm, cold, rain, ice, snow, sun, gloom, and warm again!!
This was earlier in the week. Today, virtually all the snow is gone - just a little in shaded areas. Rain is supposed to come over night tonight and into tomorrow. It is going to be a muddy mess again, for a few days!
I have been enjoying the birds and squirrels so much this week. I have had 18+ cardinals just about every morning and evening. I had 5 huge blue jays at one time, several times this week. I think they are all ready for spring as well!
I went to my great nieces wedding yesterday. It was such a nice affair. Not too big or small. It was done a bit differently than any I had been to before. After they walked down the aisle after the "I do's" - they came back into the church and THEY released each row of people - so they could personally thank each person for coming. I thought that was really cool.
There was a lovely reception after.
They had a buffet of 'finger foods' - wings, egg rolls, fried cheese sticks, fried shrimp, mini sandwiches (turkey & ham) - veggies and dip and lots of fresh fruit chunks. There was also a dessert bar with cake, brownie bites, cookies, cake pops and cupcakes. NO ONE left hungry!
I am just so happy I got to celebrate this wonderful day with them and family.
My frugal week:
- The neighbor kids (with the dog) brought me a pretty magnet back from their little trip they took (when I dog sat).
- Had an appointment with insurance agent and now (as of today) I am finally 100% covered by Medicare and some sort of supplemental insurance. Glad that is over
- Cleaned out 3 kitchen cabinet drawers (more to go). Threw out a lot and collected some things to donate
- Cut my hair at home
- Colored hair at home
- Cleaned all my jewelry this week - it looks pretty and sparkles again!
- I went to the orchard Friday (it closed for season on Sat.). I got 10 lbs. of apples (2 kinds), 6 lbs. Asian pears, 4 lbs. oranges and a gallon of fresh cider for $21. I am set with fruit for quite a while!!!!
- Gave myself a nice 'spa' night
- doing all the regular things - cooking from scratch and eating what I have, laundry in cold, continuing to clean and de-clutter.
- My sister gave me 3 magazines
My meals this past week:
Hard tacos - supreme
Grilled turkey (from freezer), cheese and veggie sandwich and cheesy/bacon fries
Pork & veggie stir fry served with rice
Cold cut sandwich, chips and salad
Enchiladas - 2X
Dinner at wedding reception
It was quiet again this week, but it was nice to have a couple highlights.
How was your week? Did you do anything frugal?
Are you still working on your '20' goal? I have been donating or trashing at least 20 things a week.
I hope you and yours stay healthy, happy and frugal this week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.