It has been pretty quiet around here.
We have had warm weather, chilly weather, wet weather, and yesterday we had a covering snowfall!
This next week is supposed to be in the 50's all week - but a chance of rain almost every day. UGH! We all know that when we need that rain - it won't be around.
At least the sun has come out this morning ( a little) - so the snow won't last long. I am so tired of gloppy muddy shoes every time I go into the yard. What a mess.
Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I am able to go out and I have a yard - so that is good.
Yesterday I got a message from my former neighbors (they moved about 4 years ago). Said they were going to the store and did I need anything. How sweet was that? That is how we should all be - every day. Watch out for each other vs. all this nasty hoarding that is going on.
I have gotten 2 phone calls this week from family, asking if I was OK and did I need anything. I love how my little community is looking out for each other.
Please look out for your family and your neighbors.
- I did get to do some yard work on a couple days - just starting to clean up a bit.
- Cleaned all the 'watering holes' for the animals and birdbath
- Cleaned out the desk drawers - what a bunch of un-needed paper!
- Checked all the fluids in the Blazer - general maintenance
- Made a batch of biscuits - for now and later
- I did go out and check a few stores. Didn't need anything - I was just curious. Things were good when I checked - but totally changed in a day (once it was announced that schools were closing)
- I got 4 bottles of peroxide (I use instead of bleach in laundry) at Dollar Tree and 2 packs of wipes (for my purse). There was plenty at the time.
- I then ran to Kroger to look around. I did get some more cat food, just to have. I also got 2 - very small heads of cabbage. It was .49/lb. That will last me for quite a while
- Got to turn off heat and air house a couple days
- Paid all bills, ran to P.O. and then the library (which is now closed till Apr.)
- All normal things - cleaning, laundry, using what I have, cooking from scratch, working on de-cluttering, etc.
Meals this past week:
Oven fish & fries and slaw (home canned)
Chili/cheese dogs and chips
Mac/cheese with leftover hotdogs and chili sauce added, fruit salad
Big loaded salad and an orange milkshake
Chicken strips, rice and peas
Turkey/rice soup (from freezer) and biscuits with apple butter
How was your week? Did you get any deals?
I know many who come and visit here have big pantries - what a blessing! We all knew there would be a time that we could sit back and not panic - regardless the reason!!!!! Being prepared - priceless!
This coming week, I think I need to get in gear and accomplish a lot of things that I keep putting off. I plan on staying home for the most part - so I want to accomplish stuff around the house. Busy, busy hands and minds - good for the soul!
I pray that you and yours are healthy and safe. May you have a fantastic week and accomplish much as well. Let's use this time to do all those things we have put off.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours!!!