All is good here. Me and the kitties are here and enjoying each others company! Same with the birdies and the squirrels.
Our weather has been all over the place again. We had decent temps, but rain. One night we had thunderstorms. It got to almost 70* on Friday morning and then was in the 20's but midnight!! Geesh. Looks like more spring like temps this coming week, but again spring showers are predicted for most of the week. UGH!
I am enjoying each day however. I do get outside EVERY day, several times a day. Feeding cats or birds or squirrels many times. This is something I always do - 365 days a year I am outside several times a day. Fresh air just fills my soul with happiness!!!!!
The first daffodils opened on Friday - the first full day of Spring. The forsythia are starting to pop as well. I see buds on all the trees and the birds are singing every day! I take JOY where ever I can.
- I did run out a couple times. I went to the drive-up at the bank and got some funds.
- I ran into Kroger for more cat food. Got many more cans - good for quite a while now. I also saw baby wipes and got the limit of 4. My niece has a kiddo under one and has another one on the way - it will help them out.
- Same day I stopped at the nursery/feed store and got a lot of extra bird and squirrel feed (they would never understand why Momma wasn't feeding them!). I was the only customer in there.
- Another day I ran up the road to Post Office and got enough stamps to last for quite some time (I don't pay on-line)
- While out I figured I'd run a little further up the road to Aldi (it was early morning). I got a few things for treats (chips) to add to stock and I did get a 10 lb. bag of potatoes. They had just put out a skid of them. My neighbor couldn't find any anywhere, so I got them and we split them.
- Stopped and filled my gas tank and filled my gas can (got a .20 discount per gallon)
- I worked out in the yard cleaning 2 days the first of the week. Boy, am I out of shape! It felt good being outside and doing stuff though.
- I have been working in the basement a lot. I am going through all my home canned goods and sorting and moving things around (checking on what I actually have).
- I have been working on straightening and de-cluttering down there as well - so much to do!
- Making a list of things I want to accomplish inside this week when raining.
- All normal things - eating from home, laundry in cold, drinking water, tea, and Kool-Aid
- Found a container in the freezer of Mexican chicken - thawed and made that into a few different meals.
- On a super frugal note - I have started saving some of my newpapers (JUST IN CASE)!!! Never know when it may become TP! LOL. If not - I will use in other ways. Normally I recycle any way
Meals this past week:
Loaded cheeseburger sliders (on biscuits - no buns) and chips
Eggroll bowl topped with chow mein noodles for crisp
Fried potatoes/carrots and cabbage (no meat day)
Bean/cheese/salsa tostados (no meat)
Poor man's Swiss steak and mashed potatoes
Mex. chicken/rice burritos
Mex. chicken/rice turned into chili (froze some for another day)
Been eating fruit, carrots and dip, and PBJ's for snacks
I noticed at Kroger pickings were slim. Many things gone and others were in short supply. Aldi was much better - they didn't have any TP or much meat (they did have chicken, hams and frozen meat). Fresh veggies were full and most everything was available but limited in number you could get. It was early and they had just opened - so they were stocked up.
If folks would give them a chance to re-stock instead of panic buying - things will level out. They said they have plenty of stock - but they are so busy with customers that they can't get it out. I have heard many shop managers say that on the news.
I got to talk with an out of state friend this week and got calls from several relatives. Everyone is just checking in with each other. I had another past neighbor that called to see if I needed anything. I have and have had the best neighbors. The kids next door came over with their little one and we set out on the porch and visited for a while.
I love how people are reaching out again. Families are having meals together once again. Neighbors are helping neighbors. People are learning new skills. There is some GOOD coming out of this situation.
I plan on staying home this week and getting the basement in better order (it really has been avoided for ages). Work outside when I can.
I hope you are all doing well. Are you staying in? Have you got yourselves all stocked and ready? Are you working on home/yard cleaning?
I pray you all stay healthy. Take care and spend your time being thankful for what you DO have. Put your positive hats on - and think happy thoughts.
Turn off the news and just take time to observe and LIVE (even if in your own backyard!) Fresh air is what we all need - and sunshine when you can get it! That seems to make things seem more right!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.