It sure is a pretty morning here. We had a bit warmer weather most of the week. Thunderstorms hit on Tuesday night. Friday got cold, cold, cold!!!! My oh my - it was windy, cold and snow flurries!
Looks like we will have above normal temps all next week - but wet!
I have noticed all kinds of things popping through the ground. Lillie's, tulips, and daffodils and even saw a few red sprouts of peonies!!!!! Looked out one morning (wish I had the camera close) and there were 3 blue jays and a big woodpecker on the feeder together! What a sight.
I saw my first two - red-winged black birds of the season this week, and yesterday I saw my first two robins!!!!!!
The squirrels are making new nests and 'remodeling' their existing ones.
This morning the woodpecker sounded like a jack hammer!! Boy he sure was a head banging!! LOL
Looking off into the neighborhood, you can see a golden/red hue on all the trees. They are showing their buds!
Yep, spring is in the air!!!!
Neighborhood news - the kids that live next door said they are going to stay at least 2 - 3 more years until they can build something. I am so very happy. There is so much to be said for good neighbors.
The people on the other side of them FINALLY got evicted. Thank goodness. NO ONE is sad to see them gone! Our elderly neighbor who owned that house, sold it and there will be a new landlord. He seems nice and is doing a lot of work there. Hoping we get a good neighbor.
- Changed out handbags - spring is a good time to change!
- No heat on a few days and the door was open and aired house
- Cleaned out another drawer
- Picked up a ton of sticks AGAIN. Between the wind and the squirrels who are working on nests - sticks were everywhere.
- My brother & SIL came by one day. They wanted to get some ham seasoning from me - no problem. That is why I buy in bulk. He brought me homemade apple butter! He didn't need to - but it sure will be good on biscuits
- Straightened the pantry again. How does it get so messy???
- My other thumb nail broke below the nail bed too - so I trimmed all my nails down - give them a chance to grow out together!
- All normal stuff - changing out bedding, laundry in cold, cleaning and de-cluttering
- I ran to the bank one day - hadn't been since the holidays.
- Also hit some stores while out. Ran into Kroger, Ollies, and Fresh Thyme (for suppliments). Didn't really need anything - it was such a pretty day I wanted to get out.
- At Ollies I did buy 4 yard flags. Last year a friend gave me a flag holder - so I got flags for each season. They were on sale for 3.99 each. Generally they are about $15 around here.
I have the spring one hanging outside already - it is full of tulips and spring colors!
- I ran across to super Kroger and did get fresh asparagus for .99/lb. I love asparagus. I also got myself a pair of jeans!!!!! YES I DID! They were 25% off and cost me $15. Those are the first (at a store) pair of jeans I have purchased in years. I usually get them at a thrift/yard sales.
I am happy to report that at all three stores I went to there were plenty of supplies on hand. Nothing was missing. I actually walked all the aisles just to check. Plenty of everything and no shortages. Shelves were stocked full!
It was amazing to me as I noticed while driving - all parking lots (malls, stores, restaurants, bars, etc.) were full of cars!
Meals this week:
Tuna salad sandwich and fruit
Leftover tuna salad mixed with slaw and crostini
Beef/veggie skillet 2X
Chicken & stuffing and steamed asparagus
Fried - chicken/stuffing patties and asparagus/carrot/tomato salad
Eating lots of fresh fruit as snacks
Beef & veggie skillet. It sure was tasty - and filling and used things I had on hand.
How was your week? Did you get any deals? Did you stay on the frugal band wagon? Is your yard coming to life? Let us know what is going on in your part of the world!
I love how we have had a lot of new people posting - it is nice to see so many sharing ideas. You guys are ALL the best!
I pray that you all will be safe, healthy and happy this week.
Blessings from my humble little home to each and everyone of you.