Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Peace of a New Day

My morning routine is exactly the same every single day.  Get awakened by a kitty in my face, Getting up and getting myself together, feed Coogy, feed outdoor kitties then the squirrels and birds.  I come in an make my morning smoothie, as Coogy sits and watches - waiting for another spoonful of wet food.  Go out front and put feed in the porch feeder, then finally sit and drink my smoothie, listen to the weather and read the paper.  EVERY DAY!
That is it - but there is so much more to it.

Coogy wakes me every morning.  He rubs my face and pats me with his paw, ever so gently.  I give kisses and pets and I talk to him for a minute or two.
I get up - bathroom and dressing.
Coogy gets  a spoonful of wet food several times a day - if you give him too much, he will eat it all and proceed to yack.  So it gets put out in dribs and drabs!

My outdoor kitties are always at the back door waiting for breakfast! (I bring in all food overnight to prevent critters).  Fluffy is often on the handrail and peeking in the door's window.  Momma is right there as well.  I go out and we have a morning routine.  They surround my feet and they are talking!  I figure they are either saying - good morning, glad to see you OR about time, we are so hungry!  Either way I have to stop and pet and pet each one and talk to them before we ever head to the backyard.
We make it out back and there is my "newly acquired" cat Blackie.  He comes running and squeaking out his baby sounding cry - and right under foot!!!!  We go in the greenhouse and they each get a bowl of dry food and I split a can of wet food for them.  Happy babies!!!!!!
Next I check the corn for squirrels and make sure there is some out for them and put feed in the bird feeders.
All the while it is still kind of dark out - this is close to sunrise - so there is just enough light.

I then walk to the porch and pick up the paper before going in.
This morning I sat down for a moment on the porch and just was AWARE.

I could hear the cardinals chirping away to each other.  I was hearing a few other birds chirping and waking up.  There was a rooster crowing off in the distance.  I hear crickets galore.  Only  a glow of lights coming from a couple houses that I could see.  I am thinking how cozy they must all be still in their beds.  No traffic at all.  The moon was bright in the western sky and there was a haze in the distance.  The temperature is cool with a gentle breeze.  The grass was still covered with dew. 
The peace and quiet was deafening!!!  AND BEAUTUFUL! 

After the sun came up - this is our sky this morning.  Blue and wispy clouds all over.  So pretty.  By this point the squirrels are up, and I see them running around and playing and eating on their corn.  All the birdies are chirping.  I look out the front door and there is a squirrel on the ramp eating on a plant that is growing between the ramp and porch.  He is having a feast all to himself. 
Coogy is curled up in his bed with a full belly and the outdoor kitties have all secured their usual spots to take their morning naps.
This is what the squirrel was feasting on this morning.  Not sure if it is mullet or corn.  It can up on its own (from birdseed),  I am thinking mullet - as they squirrel was munching on the clusters - there are no ears forming.  I let it grow for them and it is kind of pretty.

Not sure if you can really see the finch (click on picture to enlarge).  I circled it - it is out on the echinacea happily eating the seeds.  Right outside the dining room window.  I see several out there each day.

I am standing at the sink/counter this morning getting meat and veggies ready for the crockpot - and I see motion out the corner of my eye.  I look right to the window and there is a hummingbird drinking at the feeder which is just couple feet from the window.  They are just so beautiful.

I wish I could have captured this morning on tape and sound for you all.  It was so lovely.  No matter what is going on out in the world - there was peace in my little world this morning.
That is what we all need to remember!
Your world can be blissful - no matter what is going on.

So take time in the morning to just be AWARE and enjoy all the tiny little blessings that are put in front you.  Each little thing IS a blessing!
I like to sit and watch the sunset as well - last night the sky looked to be on fire again - so beautiful.  The only problem with sunsets is the mosquitos!!!!!  They love me!  LOL

You woke up today.  Take a few minutes to just observe the sights and sounds around you.  We all need to do that more often.  There is beauty to be found.  Look for it and quit looking at the ugliness.
Be thankful YOU ARE BLESSED.
Have a fantastic day my friends.

26 comments:

  1. Good morning! I love the sounds of morning so peaceful. Yesterday our cable was out and so no TV, no news! It was so nice and quiet. Yes, I'm Thankful for everyday. Be Blessed my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! It is wonderful just to LISTEN sometimes. I used to keep the TV on for noise (since being alone) - but I have quit that. Don't need that kind of noise.
      Each new day is a gift for sure.
      Have a wonderful day!!!!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! I'm finishing up reading blogs for this morning, and about to head out for my morning walk and my moments of peace and contentment.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you have the opportunity to become one with nature around you. May your day be blessed.
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post! We all need more mornings like that in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I do! I intend to slow down a little more each morning. Have a great one

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful post! Love that early morning time, when I walk my pup, before the hectic pace and sounds of the new day take over. Be blessed and open the gift of a new day, everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. A true blessing is each moment and each day.
      Thank you

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely morning.
    Thank you for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I need to be more aware each morning.
      You are welcome

      Delete
  6. Felt like you took me along to enjoy your peaceful and delightful morning...and I thank you!

    I have heard the phrase..."What if we only had today what we thanked God for yesterday". It stops me in my tracks each time it crosses my mind. I am so blessed....but sometimes so blind!
    My world here is beautiful....I just need to pay more attention more often. I have really been trying to concentrate on that and soak it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote does make you stop and think. I give thanks several times a day for so much. I have been blessed.
      Looking and listening to what is around us - sure beats all the nastiness we can absorb. I'd rather soak in happiness than sadness.

      Delete
  7. I felt like I was there. So peaceful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was right there with you. Thanks, that was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, from N.C., yours in first blog on my list to read after all the same chores as yours. Just add a few chickens, blessings everywhere we look, Thank you for putting so well. Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhhhh thank you. I wish I could add a few chicks!!!!
      Yes mam, up, down, left and right - blessings abound!
      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  10. You have a busy morning! Our furbabies are always appreciative of our attention, especially at feeding time. It is a blessing to do something for another living thing, whether four legs or two. I can just imagine you going through your morning tasks and enjoying the quiet and beauty. I don't know about you but too much noise and busyness makes me a little unsettled. Enjoy this gorgeous Indiana day! The heat is due to return. ugh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get such joy out of my kitties and all the other critters. They make me smile - on days that I don't feel like it.
      I love the peace and quiet - especially outdoors. Traffic drives me nuts - always hear sirens and loud cars. UGH
      It is glorious today!!!! Have a good one.

      Delete
  11. Such a nice post...morning is my favorite time of the day, as I arise early, put on the coffee, feed my kitties, wash my face, and then read my devotions while enjoying my coffee time with God.

    You are so right, that paying attention to our blessings can bring beauty and harmony into our lives, even as the worlds events and struggles strive to get our attention....

    My home is my happy place, and as you, I am a widow and my fur babies, my chickens, (all named) allow the nurturing part of me to be fulfilled..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We find our happiness and contentment where we can! My kitties give me joy and love in return and for that I am thankful.
      I agree - home is the happy place. I can block the world out and be blissful here.
      Enjoy those babies and have a great day.

      Delete
  12. Hi Cheryl,
    I surely have been enjoying reading your posts. They are so down-home and helpful. Also, you love your animals and Nature and help all of them you can. That really resonates with me. I thought it was miserly of me not to say "hello". I found your blog from Annabel's some time back.
    God bless you~
    Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary - so happy you found your way here. Thank you for your kinds words.
      I do love my kitties and all of nature. I do what little bit I can to help nature thrive. My kitties give me more love and joy than I can even describe.
      I hope you continue to join us and please comment any time.
      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  13. What you described is how I wish my mornings could be, but working the "big gurl job" keeps me moving to get out the door by 7:40. I do take time to open the bathroom window to sniff the air. As I wait for the garage door to open, I stand and listen to the morning symphony. I watch the countryside go by as I drive the rural roads to town. I try to get out on my porch on the weekends to enjoy the mornings but right now my porch is filled with potatoes and tomatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Cheryl...I did so enjoy this post. I think the cats are just glad to see us of the morn. Bubbie is still spending nights out...but comes in whenever I open the door of the morn. He comes in, but stands in front of me till I bend down and pet him a bit. And he answers when I talk to him...I keep wondering if people could hear him if I taped it because it is so soft.

    And when I sitting on the potty if he can get in, he comes and jumps on the side of the tub and puts a paw up on me and then taps my face ever so gentle with the other. People do not realize how much cats can love unless they have them.

    ReplyDelete