Happy Sunday everyone. My goodness, we are almost half way through this month already! Crazy - how time flies.
This morning I went out to pick-up the kitty dishes (wet food) to wash and there was this bright glowing orb in the skies - it scared me!!!! LOL. I haven't seen a clear view of the sun in days - it has been so cloudy. That has kept the heat down - which is good.
It was supposed to rain overnight and was sorely needed - but all we got here was sprinkles.
Next week is supposed to be low humidity and 70's - aaaahhhhhh.
The hummingbirds are still here and drinking lots and lots. I see formations of geese about 4X every morning and evening. They go west each morning and then back east in the evening - honking all along the way!
The blue jays and woodpeckers haven't been around much lately. Miss their antics.
The outside kitties sure do like the cooler weather - lounging in their chairs and in the greenhouse - and not having to hide in the shade. Momma is doing much better.
Mr. groundhog is sure getting fat! I am still not sure where he is living. I see him in my yard, neighbors yard and the one behind me. He scurries under decks and buildings in all places - guess he has a lot of homes!
- Used leftover refried beans in a lasagna I made - added protein, didn't waste, but you couldn't even tell it was there
- Used dehumidifier water in laundry
- Cut a bunch of stuff from the back fence - some small wild trees coming up and lots of spent flowers
- Picking tomatoes - still getting tons of cherry toms. I checked out the price of organic cherry tomatoes this week - boy have I raised a fortune!!!! They were 5.99 for a 12 oz. container. YIKES
- Watered plants with water from rain barrels
- I ran to Kroger and Ollies - just because this week (had to get out). I wanted seedless grapes that were on sale and sale cheese (4/$5 - for 8 oz. pkg.). I got a bunch of DEALS!!
Diced tomatoes with garlic - .49 can (12 cans) and 4 cans of southwest pinto beans for .49 each
- Cleaned out all the upper kitchen cabinets and loaded up 3 boxes of stuff to donate. I cleaned the tops of the cabinets as well - I have storage up there too. 3 boxes so far to deliver to thrift on Tuesday (closed Mon.) and 2 bags of trash! UGH. It is amazing what we accumulate and keep! I mean how many small appliances does one person need?
- I received a letter this week! A snail mail letter - doesn't happen much today. I also wrote one in return!
- I organized spice and baking cabinet
- Using what I have, cooking from home, just doing all the normal stuff
- Got to have the windows open some and fresh air!
Meals this week:
Lasagna and garlic toast
Lasagna and salad - (froze remainder)
Ground steak burger, baked beans and fries
Ground turkey burger (reheated from freezer), macaroni and sliced tomatoes
Fried green tomatoes and dressing/turkey fritters (last ones from freezer)
Ham and cheese sandwich and salad
Slice of pizza (from freezer) and salad
I started the week slowly - lost my oomph! Cooler days prevailed and helped boost me. I ended the week on a roll. So much to do - just minimizing stuff. I feel so much happier to open a cabinet and see it neat and orderly - with far less in it.
How was your week? What has everyone been up to?
PLEASE pray for all those being affected by fires and smoke. Many of our friends here are in that area. It is so terribly sad and heart breaking. Many people have lost everything. Sadly we heard about this months ago with our Australian friends and now our west coast friends are being hurt.
Prayers that fires are contained and put out soon. Prayers for rain. Prayers for comfort.
I can not even fathom.
I pray that this week we can all live and act more 'Christ like'. We need to be kind and caring and loving. May the hate and nastiness stop immediately - it only causes more division. PLEASE pray for our world - prayers are surely needed.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.