It is a cool and lovely morning here. In the upper 50's when I went out this A.M. and now in 60's. It will be warming and a couple chances of rain coming in the next day or two. We can sure use it.
This week the temps will be going back to 'summer' and then cooling again next weekend.
We have had a couple really nice days - seasonal temperatures and no humidity. Love it!!!
It is Labor Day weekend here in the states. I hope you all have a SAFE weekend if you get together. Once retired and then alone - it is just another weekend - with no mail or trash pick-up on Monday!!!!! LOL For many, this is the last hoorah of the summer.
- Got to open windows a lot and have fresh air. No AC a good part of the week - especially mornings.
- Mowed and trimmed entire yard on Monday - then neighbor did the front and way out back again on Friday for me.
- Been picking lots and lots of tomatoes. I FINALLY have my first bell pepper on the plants out back!!!!! I guess better late than never!
- Colored my hair with supplies on hand
- Used my crockpot for the first time in ages! I did a small portion of pork roast and it made 3 different meals for me
- Refilled all the outdoor bins of critter feed with supplies I have on hand. Not going through nearly as much last couple weeks. They are all finding new sources of natural food! (Walnuts, thistle seed, other seeds, etc.)
- Paid all the bills and balanced the checkbook
- Dropped off 4 banana boxes of goods and some pictures to the church thrift store. They were thrilled
- No grocery store again this week!!! The only time I left the house was to take mail to P.O. and go to thrift store for drop-off
- Put out my fall door decorations
It is so bright and cheery. Picture doesn't do it justice
- Dug my potatoes - my experiment! I didn't get a lot, but for the first time and using a potato that would have been thrown out - not bad. I just did them in a barrel planter. It was a fun experiment and the first time in my life to try.
Amazing to get actual food from something considered trash
- Totally cleaned out the bathroom closet - it is like a 7' tall pie safe. My goodness it is so much better now - looks so neat
- Did a lot of porch sitting this week - enjoying the weather & nature
Meals this past week:
Cheesy sloppy Joes & chips
Chicken & dumplings (small can Sweet Sue) and salad
Thickened wild rice & chicken soup (from freezer) - added some instant mashed - was tasty
Philly cheesesteak Italian bread pizza (homemade) used ground beef/peppers/onions/mushrooms & swiss
Pork roast with potato and carrots
BBQ pulled pork and pickles and chips
Taco pork/bean/cheese tostadas
OF course EVERY meal had tomatoes!
It was a little more laid back this week. I enjoyed relaxing on the porch a bit more and did less physical work. I will probably be back at it this week. First plan is to clean out the glass/cup cabinet in the kitchen! I also have a set of dishes that I may see if a family wants (it came from their family). I won't use them.
How has your week been? Are you getting any decent weather to enjoy? Did you have a frugal week?
May the Lord guide you and direct you in all of endeavors this coming week. Enjoy the goodness & beauty of the world and pray for all evil/nastiness to end. Amen
Blessings from my humble home to yours.