Happy Sunday to all. Hope you had a good week.
We have had a mish mash of weather this week. Thursday and Friday nights got down into the 30's and we had heavy frost. We have had rain (YAY), sun, wind, warmer and cooler temps.
This coming week is to be in the 60's and low 70's again and night in 40's and 50's. We are supposed to get light rain many days -we'll see if old Jim (weather guy) is right.
The crimson maple trees are at their peak around my area and they are just glorious! I do believe that is one of my favorite trees for fall color. The critters are all hungry and eating lots - makes me wonder if winter is just around the corner. Mr. Woodchuck looks like a tiny bear cub!!!! I told me neighbor that Chuck's fur sure would make a nice warm hat or gloves!! LOL His fur is so thick and pretty. He has really bulked up in the last week.
The kitties have enjoyed their warm beds this week. They have been napping and sleeping in the greenhouse a lot more.
- Got the hose out back all drained and put away for winter.
- Got more of the garden and pots cleaned out. Doing a bit each week
- Did a color touch up on my hair
- Used dehumidifier water in laundry
- Kept a parmesan shaker lid and a shaker lid from a cheap spice bottle
- I am on the budget plan for my lights and gas (you pay the same every month - 12 mos. a yr.) and this time I had a $88.05 CREDIT on electric and a $14.15 CREDIT on gas. WOOHOO
- Ran to the library. It is in the park and boy was it pretty!!!!!
- Ran up the street from park to Aldi (haven't been in ages). Happy to report they were FULLY stocked and NO limits - except paper products and scented candles!!!! Yep, scented candles! The prices were fantastic. I went for chips/snacks (always so cheap), eggs, and yogurt - got a lot more goodies for deep pantry - will post this week.
- I also ran into WM Family Market to get some birdseed until I get back to feed store. I looked around and was so pleasantly surprised how well stocked it was. Saw items I haven't seen in ages and many new items as well.
- I came across some mixes I received in a gift basket at Christmas, that I had put back. I figured I better get busy and use some of them up - (pretty sure I will more in a couple months - fingers crossed). I used a potato soup mix and added cauliflower, peas and bacon to it. YUM. I also used a mug cake mix I had, and it was a very tasty treat.
- I have become so frustrated with my glasses I got a year ago. They just never seemed right - but I kept thinking I just needed to give them time - then everything shut down. I figured I was going to bite the bullet and spend more money for a new exam somewhere different. Nothing seemed to line up right for clear viewing. I always moving the glasses around, turning my head, etc. In desperation (I figured what did I have to lose) I just messed with them a bunch this week and realigned and bent frames and ear 'thingies' a bunch and OH MY GOODNESS - so much better. Geesh what a nimrod I have been. I will continue to tweak, but I am much happier.
- I got to go to my brother/SIL's for a cookout yesterday. Saw all of their kids and grands that I haven't seen since the end of Feb. I even got to meet my newest gr. gr. niece (born during shut down). Golly, I love hugging babies! It was a fun time.
- Brother sent me home with a bunch more bell peppers! I brought home some cookie cake as well!
Meals this past week:
Baked spaghetti and garlic toast
Baked spaghetti leftover and fried green tomatoes (froze balance of spaghetti)
Loaded up potato soup topped with sour cream and crackers
Cup of potato soup and a chicken sandwich
Stir fry veggies over veggie pasta
Dinner at brothers - chili and chili dogs and goodies!
Had popcorn, apples and peanut butter, cheese and crackers all for snacks
So there you have it. Nothing exciting or dramatic - just a day in the life! No big anything going on - just tidbits of this and that. How was your week? What has been everyone been up to?
Love hearing from you all.
I have a grocery store/pantry update this week and a sweet story and a laugh for you all!
I pray you are all safe and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.