Happy Sunday to everyone. Here it is October and getting closer and closer to the end of this year. It is just amazing to me how fast the year has gone by.
I hope this post finds you all well, rested and safe.
Cool, gloomy and damp morning here. They have called for rain several times this week and very, very little has been received. It is so dry - and we have several counties that now have burn bans.
We did get a spot of rain last Sunday and then again a VERY brief shower during the week and that one contained hail!! Crazy.
We had the driest September ever recorded and it isn't looking good for October either.
My house is doing good good maintaining warmth. On the coolest morning so far, in the house, as been 67*. Not bad. It warms up pretty quickly.
We have had some night in low 40's - tonight may get upper 30's. So far no frost here. It is going to warm up after today, all is good.
I noticed this week that my water heater has a little leak - UGH. I am going to have to have that replaced very soon. Thinking back, I am sure this one is probably 20+ years old. Now to find a good plumber!
- Cleaned out some storage cabinets in the laundry area - a mess!
- Found some way past "best" date cinnamon rolls (roll) in the frig and baked them. Tasty
- Picked 2 bouquets of New England asters and the last rose of the season
- Cut hair
- Picked ALL the tomatoes left on the vines (just in case of frost)
- Worked and worked in the basement - decluttering and straightening. OH MY! I made a lot of trash and have 2 boxes of donations ready to go again - still much more to go through. I also have some larger items for donation as well. If not needed - out it goes.
- Did some more dead heading of flowers and bit more yard work
- Inventoried all my DRY goods - pasta, beans, rice, bulk goods, etc.
- Chopped and sliced peppers for freezer (gifted peppers)
- Received the FREE book many have been receiving - Great Controversy. Haven't read any of it yet. It is a full book of 473 pages. Many in our area have received it. (I believe it is about religion over the years in this country)
- Found some recipes I have been hunting for for canning and making for gifts
- I ran to Kroger simply to check clearance. I got 2 different items
Meals this past week:
Open face sloppy Joe sandwich (scratch made) and fries
Lasagna (from freezer) and salad
Green beans w/potatoes, bread w garlic butter and sliced tomatoes Oh my - so good!!!! (no meat day)
Leftovers - green beans/potatoes and taco meat over bread
Hamburger stroganoff and sliced tomatoes
Cup of chili (from freezer) and grilled cheese sandwich
I learned this week while de-cluttering and inventorying I have so much of many things. This girl will not buy Christmas paper, boxes, bags or tissue paper probably forever!!!!
I will not starve it it all hits the fan. My goodness I have so many more dry goods than I thought.
What has everyone been up to this week? How are you providing for your home, pantry or gift closet? Any great deals? I always look forward to hearing from you all.
May you all stay safe and healthy in this coming week. PLEASE pray for our President, his family and our nation. It doesn't matter your political views - we need to pray for all afflicted. Never wish ill on anyone. EVER!!!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.