Good morning my friends. Hope you are all well and happy.
My goodness, here we are at the end of yet another month! Just a few days left and then on to November. It just doesn't seem possible.
Well this week, mother nature has decided to try to give us all the rain we "didn't" get in the past 2 months! Many downpours here - even thunderstorms. Wind, fog and cooler temps now. More rain coming this week.
It was warm enough to have windows open a few days. Actually got to almost 80*F on 2 different days. This week is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's during the day. Normal October weather.
The leaves of the tulip poplar are about all down - not many left on the tree. Maple still has a lot - so it will be a while before all the clean-up gets done. Looking around, there are still a lot trees that are green - which is amazing.
I finally delegated one feeder just for the blue jays! I looked out back a couple days ago and there were 8 male blue jays scarfing whatever was on the ground! EIGHT! I have never seen that many at once. (It was beautiful) Now they have their own feeder with peanuts and sunflower seeds - they seem to be leaving the other birds alone.
Yesterday I was watching the squirrels play - oh my what fun. There were 4 of them chasing each other up and down and around the tree - having a ball. Then there was my tiny "pole dancer". One young-un was having a ball playing with the clothesline pole. He/she was "pole dancing". Round and round, up and down and flips and flops - I wish I had a video camera!!!!!! It was hilarious to watch.
I sure get enjoyment watching all the backyard babies!
It has been another quiet week here on the home front.
- Ran out and did a feed store stock up for the birds and squirrels (2 months since last big stock-up)
- Filled all the feeders and tins with stock. Balance in old freezer or back of Blazer
- Raked the yard - 2 X (can't tell at all today!)
- Pulled out more garden and did more yard work
- Windows open a lot and fresh air enjoyed. Minimal use of heat (took chill off 2 mornings)
- Chopped up the peppers my brother gave me last weekend and froze.
- Glen's aunt came for a short visit (it was about to storm so she didn't stay long). I gave her the china and silver I had that was her mother's. G's dad gave to us years ago and I felt it should stay in his family. She was delighted to have it
- Worked on re-arranging the over stock pantry area upstairs
- Used the Soda Stream this week to make carbonated fruit juice water
- Just doing all the basics - vacuum, dust, mop, did wood floors again, bath & kitchen clean, laundry in cold, using what I have, just the normal everyday stuff
Meals this week:
Smoke sausage/crescent roll pigs in a blanket, mac n cheese and sliced tomatoes
Leftover piggies and scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes
Cheesy potatoes with ham pcs. and salad
Leftovers - pizza skillet, cheese pots and salad
Ham wrapped chicken roll-up
Tomato soup and grilled cheese
How was your week? I keep hearing about all the places getting snow - brrrrr. I don't miss it at all!!! We usually have snow sometime in October - I heard this will be the first year in ages that we won't! Fine with me!
How are your pantries coming? Is everyone getting all stocked for the holidays and winter? Now is the time.
I look forward to hearing from each of you.
May you all have a safe and healthy and frugal week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Blessings to all!