Hello my friends. Hope you are all well and safe.
It is a warmer morning, but very wet and windy. Temps will be dropping all day and back to cold tonight. We have had quite a roller coaster of weather this week. We actually broke records several days for the warmest temperatures for the day (for November). We have also had a night in the upper 20's. Still no snow (ugh -such a nasty word in my book). Looks to be normal and a little above normal this coming week. I love it! Each day we get decent weather is one off the list and one closer to spring!!!!
Saturday I looked out the back window and counted 14 squirrels out running, playing and eating in just my yard! Birds every where. Oh my. Some days I feel like Dr. Doolittle! Always some kind of critter roaming around.
Check this out! (taken through a window and screen) Squirrel napping in the sunshine!! That is my little potting table and it laid there and slept for a good 20 minutes. The red bin is where the empty corn cobs go until I empty in trash bin. I sure have some content wildlife!
- I cleaned out the front flower bed and cut back all flower growth from front walk
- Raked again and put leaves on the garden. (one more BIG raking this coming week - leaves all down now)
- Got to have heat off and windows open at least half of the week
- Cut my hair at home
- Changed out the battery in my watch with one on hand. I still have several batteries left from a 10 pack I got at Dollar Tree for just $1
- I did go out one day and bought a turkey for .33 lb. My goodness you can't buy lunch meat that cheap!!!!! I got a 15 lb.+ for around $5. The grocery had lots of other great deals going on as well - pre holiday sale. I also got a few more items for gift baskets (specialty things)
- My BIGGIE this week - got a new water heater finally! The leak just kept getting worse - I had small trays that fit under and catching water (which I used) - but I was having to empty at least 5 times a day. That meant going down basement stairs morning, noon, and middle of the night!!!!! ENOUGH!
I called and got an estimate and checked several places before agreeing. Almost twice the price I expected - but it is bigger, it is brand new, and I have a feeling of safety back (not doing stairs so much), peace of mind and sleeping through the night. Those things are priceless.
Did the estimate and repair all in one day. So thankful. Had wonderful workers as well - so kind and considerate.
I am blessed to have been able to pay for it and not put myself in any kind of financial bind.
I had been cautious with using hot water the past couple weeks - as I was afraid I would cause it to over work and just thoroughly go. It is wonderful to use what I want and not worry.
LOL - I took a deep and hot soak in the tub that night!!!!!
- I have been cooking from home and using what I have
- Got to hang bedding on the line to dry this week
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do!
- Doing some reading and watching some You Tube
Meals this past week:
Deconstructed egg rolls
Beans & rice and salad
Sausage/egg/cheese and tomato sandwich on toast (dang that was tasty & filling)
Steamed veggies with cheese and tamales (premade version)
Open face cheese steak sandwich and small salad
Baked potato with leftover burrito filling and sour cream
I have munched on fresh turnips (with salt) several times this week and also had carrots and broccoli with dip
I pray you all had a wonderful week. I hope for your safety and health and that of your families.
Did you stay frugal this week? Get any pre-holiday sale prices?
I think we have like 39 days or so till Christmas!!!!!! Are you getting ready?
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
If you can't be kind this week - then say nothing at all. Silence can be golden.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.