Happy November to all! This is just hard for me to believe- 2 months and a new year.
Did everyone that needed to - change your clocks?? UGH - I hate this. So many dark hours now and for a couple months.
I don't know about you - but my internal clock doesn't JUST CHANGE! It stays the same, as does the internal clock of my pets. So now I will be getting up an hour earlier according to the clock. No extra hour of sleep here.
It is a windy and chilly day here today. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be really chilly and then back to mid and upper 60's this week.
We had a lot of rain earlier this week. I think the past couple weeks it has been trying to make up for no rain for a couple months. Wednesday into Thursday we had about 18 hours of non-stop rain. Then it cleared and no rain predicted for at least another week.
This was birthday week - can't believe I am 66! I keep wondering how did this happen? It seems like yesterday I was in high school. LOL
I got to see lots of people and got lots of fun phone calls. I even got to go out to lunch! It was a good week. Thankful God has seen fit to give me more days on this earth.
Another quiet week:
- Our only nephew on Glen's side came by Sunday for a visit with his girlfriend. It was a nice time. I think he visited for about 3 hours! It was good to catch up.
- I did a bank run this week - I just want to have enough cash funds on hand for Christmas gifts and for WHATEVER for the rest of the year
- While out - I did get all the holiday gifts for all the little kids. The 'littles' are done!!! Lots of noisy and messy fun to take home!!!!! (all educational though). That is what aunties are for!
- I also got a few more odds and ends for gift basket stuffers and I also got 4 re-usable grocery bags to use as 'baskets' for some.
- My brother and sister in law came for a visit one day
- Laundry and used dehumidifier water in it
- Made tea and flavored with OJ - tastes like those fancy bottles of tea you can buy
- My sister took me out to lunch at Arby's one day.
- Cooking from scratch, drinking tea and water, using what I have
- Have been working on de-cluttering in the basement some more - oh my!!
- Reading and watching some You Tube
Meals this week:
Dinty Moore stew - late dinner
Chili (from freezer) topped baked potato
Loaded cheeseburger and fries
Baked spaghetti (from freezer)
Arby roast beef and cheese and potato cakes - sis shared mozzarella sticks as well
Mac and Mex - mac n cheese topped with leftover meat/beans from quesadilla topped with crushed corn chips
Another basically quiet week.
This coming week I plan on staying home (maybe for next couple weeks). I just want to be safe and I worry about the stupidity that might take place after the election. I really have no reason to shop or go any where except to the PO up the street. I could put mail out for postman, but I am leery of that. Let's call me a nervous Nelly! I know I am not the only one.
I miss the old days where riots and meanness were not an everyday occurrence.
How was your week? Are getting ready for the upcoming holidays? What have you been up to?
I think my gifts are bought - I still have some things to make - and maybe a couple GC's to buy (but can get them at grocery). My plan is in motion and getting done!
How about you?
I pray you have a wonderful week ahead. Stay safe and be healthy, Stay frugal and on track.
Sending blessings from my humble little home to yours.
When pride comes, then comes disgrace; but with the humble is wisdom.